• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

ECON 101 are you unemployed?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Econ101

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 26, 2005
Messages
7,060
Reaction score
0
Location
TX
Big Muddy rancher said:
I know alot of us spend to much time on this site but you seem to beable to answer everybody's post.

BMR, I do work a lot of hours but they are not always 9 to 5. You may note that many of my posts are in the middle of the night. I usually get by on 5 or less hours of sleep. I have a lot of business interests and they are not all in this industry.
 

Econ101

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 26, 2005
Messages
7,060
Reaction score
0
Location
TX
BMR, Are you employed? I still have a few more posts before I catch up with you.
 

HAY MAKER

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 13, 2005
Messages
8,789
Reaction score
0
Location
Texas
BMR,that was a cheap shot,you know most of us post early in the morning and in the evening,especially since you dont get your big ass outa bed till 10am................good luck,PS dont pay no tenshun to the canucklehead econo,its an old trick we play here on ranchers.net,when you cant dispute some one with facts start the insults,and the one big dummie just used is old. :wink:
 

Big Muddy rancher

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
22,052
Reaction score
131
Location
Big Muddy valley
Yes I am self employed in the beef industry as a ptimary producer. ie Rancher. This is my life so I have a vested interest in the well being of the industry. The nice thing is I live on a ranch and my office is in the house where I eat and sleep and play on the computer. I can sit with my morning coffee , Check in at lunch time and spend the evening here. Some days are busier then other and in the winter we have a routine that we feed cattle by that usually leaves more time to post. I also am active in in cattle politics and the environmental family of Sask.
I was just curious as I thought your were a teaching prof of economics but i couldn't figured out when you taught.
To put in terms you might understand you post 3.1 more posts per day then my self. Considering I type many one liners as I find the humor helps releive the stress of putting up with Haymaker you are well on your way of being ahead of me. :cowboy:
 

HAY MAKER

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 13, 2005
Messages
8,789
Reaction score
0
Location
Texas
Big Muddy rancher said:
Yes I am self employed in the beef industry as a ptimary producer. ie Rancher. This is my life so I have a vested interest in the well being of the industry. The nice thing is I live on a ranch and my office is in the house where I eat and sleep and play on the computer. I can sit with my morning coffee , Check in at lunch time and spend the evening here. Some days are busier then other and in the winter we have a routine that we feed cattle by that usually leaves more time to post.
I also am active in in cattle politics
and the environmental family of Sask.
I was just curious as I thought your were a teaching prof of economics but i couldn't figured out when you taught.
To put in terms you might understand you post 3.1 more posts per day then my self. Considering I type many one liners as I find the humor helps releive the stress of putting up with Haymaker you are well on your way of being ahead of me. :cowboy:

I hope you aint thinking what you do at the saskatchewan stock growers is politics,I read the minutes of some of your bull,the only part that made sense is you saying Miss Tam was a good snow shoveler,and even that is doubtful with her being 3ft.7" I have always worried you would lose her in deep snow..............good luck
 

Big Muddy rancher

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
22,052
Reaction score
131
Location
Big Muddy valley
HAY MAKER said:
Big Muddy rancher said:
Yes I am self employed in the beef industry as a ptimary producer. ie Rancher. This is my life so I have a vested interest in the well being of the industry. The nice thing is I live on a ranch and my office is in the house where I eat and sleep and play on the computer. I can sit with my morning coffee , Check in at lunch time and spend the evening here. Some days are busier then other and in the winter we have a routine that we feed cattle by that usually leaves more time to post.
I also am active in in cattle politics
and the environmental family of Sask.
I was just curious as I thought your were a teaching prof of economics but i couldn't figured out when you taught.
To put in terms you might understand you post 3.1 more posts per day then my self. Considering I type many one liners as I find the humor helps releive the stress of putting up with Haymaker you are well on your way of being ahead of me. :cowboy:

I hope you aint thinking what you do at the saskatchewan stock growers is politics,I read the minutes of some of your bull,the only part that made sense is you saying Miss Tam was a good snow shoveler,and even that is doubtful with her being 3ft.7" I have always worried you would lose her in deep snow..............good luck


Better becareful Haymaker, Dynamite comes in small packages and if you light her fuse your in TROUBLE :!: :cowboy:


Are you just jealous the they never created a position of Dog Catcher in R-CALF so you had something to run for.
 

HAY MAKER

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 13, 2005
Messages
8,789
Reaction score
0
Location
Texas
Miss Tam knows better than to mess with me,she ever gets to TX I will teach her how to be respectful,and there aint any dogs in sisterdale that I dont own,no need for a catcher :D :D .............good luck PS talk to you later I have a french lesson tonite,she gets mad if IM too late,you know how those french canuckle head women are :wink:
 

Econ101

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 26, 2005
Messages
7,060
Reaction score
0
Location
TX
BMR, I have been married over 13 years. My wife hasn't figured me out yet and you don't have a chance at it. Good luck on your farming operation.
 

Tam

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
12,759
Reaction score
0
Location
Sask
Maple Leaf Angus said:
Well son-of-a-gun, BMr, now you're a farmer. I'll bet you never thought you'd see the day! :lol2: :lol2:

Only somebody from outside the industry wouldn't know a Rancher has a Ranching operation and a Farmer has a farming operation :wink: Rest assured BMR is a RANCHER to the core. :nod: :lol2:
 

HAY MAKER

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 13, 2005
Messages
8,789
Reaction score
0
Location
Texas
Tam said:
Maple Leaf Angus said:
Well son-of-a-gun, BMr, now you're a farmer. I'll bet you never thought you'd see the day! :lol2: :lol2:

Only somebody from outside the industry wouldn't know a Rancher has a Ranching operation and a Farmer has a farming operation :wink: Rest assured BMR is a RANCHER to the core. :nod: :lol2:

Pretty witty lil saying Miss Tam,what would you call some one with both?
aint nothing like home grown feed..................good luck
 

Maple Leaf Angus

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
1,823
Reaction score
0
Location
Southern Ontario
HAY MAKER said:
Tam said:
Maple Leaf Angus said:
Well son-of-a-gun, BMr, now you're a farmer. I'll bet you never thought you'd see the day! :lol2: :lol2:

Only somebody from outside the industry wouldn't know a Rancher has a Ranching operation and a Farmer has a farming operation :wink: Rest assured BMR is a RANCHER to the core. :nod: :lol2:

Pretty witty lil saying Miss Tam,what would you call some one with both?
aint nothing like home grown feed..................good luck

I would call someone who does both a very ambitious maochist. :lol: :lol: :?
 

Big Muddy rancher

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
22,052
Reaction score
131
Location
Big Muddy valley
Econ101 said:
BMR, I have been married over 13 years. My wife hasn't figured me out yet and you don't have a chance at it. Good luck on your farming operation.


No where in my post did I mention I was a FARMER ,As noble a profession as it is I am a RANCHER. .
I see now why SH, Agman, Tam and Jason have so much trouble teaching you about our great industry. You have reading comprehension problems. Don't feel bad it is more common the you think and if you stay around "Ranchers" I sure some of us will take pity and keep trying to explain the issuse in a more simplfied manner. Take care and Good luck.
 

Econ101

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 26, 2005
Messages
7,060
Reaction score
0
Location
TX
Big Muddy rancher said:
Econ101 said:
BMR, I have been married over 13 years. My wife hasn't figured me out yet and you don't have a chance at it. Good luck on your farming operation.


No where in my post did I mention I was a FARMER ,As noble a profession as it is I am a RANCHER. .
I see now why SH, Agman, Tam and Jason have so much trouble teaching you about our great industry. You have reading comprehension problems. Don't feel bad it is more common the you think and if you stay around "Ranchers" I sure some of us will take pity and keep trying to explain the issuse in a more simplfied manner. Take care and Good luck.

BMR ,

You are missing one very important aspect of your business. With the market power that is being exerted in this industry you are being farmed by agribusiness. You might not see it now, but it is happening. The abuse of market power allows you to be farmed. You are a farmer just a sure as you are a rancher, and you don't even know it.

If you stick around an economist a little longer, I might be able to explain it in a more simplified manner although I know some people will never "get it". Tyson is counting on enough of you not to "get it".
 

Latest posts

Top