• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Employment and wage reality

Help Support Ranchers.net:

agman

Reaction score
I have copied the following comment from one of the most respected economic research firms in this country. I received this information from them this AM. I quess some folks do some actual research while other just jack their jaws.

"May's weak job growth was more than offset by strong gains in the prior month. Most importantly, most of the job growth since payrolls began expanding has been in industries with above average wages, which will support consumer spending through the end of the year. Household survey data also support the notion that the job market is fundamentally healthy. "

Please note "above average wages" and the refernce to the broader "Housold Employment Survey" which I frequently reference.

The latest average monthly job growth figures YTD, using the Payroll Survey and all its shortcomings, is 179,000 per month.

agman said:
I have copied the following comment from one of the most respected economic research firms in this country. I received this information from them this AM. I quess some folks do some actual research while other just jack their jaws.

"May's weak job growth was more than offset by strong gains in the prior month. Most importantly, most of the job growth since payrolls began expanding has been in industries with above average wages, which will support consumer spending through the end of the year. Household survey data also support the notion that the job market is fundamentally healthy. "

Please note "above average wages" and the refernce to the broader "Housold Employment Survey" which I frequently reference.

The latest average monthly job growth figures YTD, using the Payroll Survey and all its shortcomings, is 179,000 per month.

General Motors Plans to Cut 25,000 Jobs in Next 3 Years
By DANNY HAKIM
and JENNIFER BAYOT 2:07 PM ET
The world's largest automaker today announced its biggest wave of job cuts since 1992 in an effort to save $2.5 billion a year

ez now said:
agman said:

By DANNY HAKIM
The world's largest automaker today announced its biggest wave of job cuts since 1992 in an effort to save $2.5 billion a year

So what, most job creation in this country is not by major corporations as most Americans perceive. The bulk of new jobs are created by companies which employ 200 or fewer workers. Per the faulty Payroll Survey our economy is creating an average of 179,000 new jobs per month. That is SIX TIMES the one time number being laid off by GM. Per the broader Household Survey, which captures job creation from individual businesses and small companies less than two years old, our economy has create 1.1 million new jobs in the past three months; that is a staggering number. Household Survey employment data generally precedes trends in the Payroll Survey. In case you have not noticed, since it never makes the head lines of the news, the Payroll Survey employment results are constantly being revised upward.

While GM has announced a layoff Toyota and Hundi have announced plant expansion plans in the U.S. Interestingly, that never made the news headlines. Shucks, that is INSOURCING and we cannot talk about that!!!

If some of you folks could not post negative articles you would not have anything to do. The real action is behind the headlines; take time to learn. What you are not told is most times much more relevant than what you are being told.

agman said:
ez now said:
agman said:

By DANNY HAKIM

So what, most job creation in this country is not by major corporations as most Americans perceive. The bulk of new jobs are created by companies which employ 200 or fewer workers. Per the faulty Payroll Survey our economy is creating an average of 179,000 new jobs per month. That is SIX TIMES the one time number being laid off by GM. Per the broader Household Survey, which captures job creation from individual businesses and small companies less than two years old, our economy has create 1.1 million new jobs in the past three months; that is a staggering number. Household Survey employment data generally precedes trends in the Payroll Survey. In case you have not noticed, since it never makes the head lines of the news, the Payroll Survey employment results are constantly being revised upward.

While GM has announced a layoff Toyota and Hundi have announced plant expansion plans in the U.S. Interestingly, that never made the news headlines. Shucks, that is INSOURCING and we cannot talk about that!!!

If some of you folks could not post negative articles you would not have anything to do. The real action is behind the headlines; take time to learn. What you are not told is most times much more relevant than what you are being told.
agman - you are absolutely right! The majority of the news media in this country (notice I said the "MAJORITY - not all) are so determined to down-play the positive aspects of what America really is that they will stoop as low as they think they can to achieve their dastardly ( note the "d" in the word dastardly ) goals, primary among those goals being the destruction of American Free Enterprise and total control of American thinking. The American Rancher, and Farmer, is the epitome of free thinking and free acting Liberty. That is why it is so important that we read and watch and think and KNOW what is going on around us, and not suck under to what Left-Wing Liberals try to CON us into believing! Observe the WHOLE picture - not just a part of the frame!

Latest posts