• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Employment

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Matt G

Reaction score
Howdy,
I was browsing this forum and couldn't find any where people could post open positions, or post their interest in working on a ranch. So hopefully this is where such things could be discussed.

Personally, I am a 20 year old, I go to college in the north east and I am looking for a summer job on a ranch. I am a hard worker, and don't mind dirty work. I will also add now that I have never worked on a ranch, mostly because of the lack of ranches near me. I want to be able to experience and work on a ranch. I do have some live stock experience, I went to my local Ag school so I have basic horse riding and care skills. I am very good at working with my hands, small engine repair, carpentry, and have basic wielding skills. I am very motivated to learn the trade and learn new skills that go with it. I am willing to move, actually I am motivated to move as I want to see more of our country and where I might settle down eventually.

More about me, I am a competitive lumberjack at my college, if you aren't familiar with STIHL Timber sports you should look it up because it is a crazy and interesting sport. I have worked doing trail work, forest work, landscaping, and many other side jobs. I am 6'01 and 215 lbs.

I know this hasn't been done on this forum yet, to my knowledge, but that was only more reason for me to try. I hope to hear back from somebody, or at least learn where I should go next on my search for ranch jobs.

Thanks for taking your time to read this
Matthew G

Welcome to ranchers.net.
Too bad the border is closed. We have a Canadian friend who could use you.
You sound like an ambitious young man. Good luck in your search.
If we hear of someone needing a guy like you, we will check back here. and let you know.
Be sure to check your private messages from time to time.

Is helping harvest hay on your summer schedule? We do see cattle on occasion. Kinda kidding, but not really. I'm probably not far enough west for what you have in mind. Ranching is a pretty diverse business, and cows are supposed to be doing their own work in the summer, with some supervision.

Latest posts