• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

ended up with a new filly

Help Support Ranchers.net:

C-E

Reaction score
Went to a local production sale, did not intend to buy anything and didn't (at least not at the sale) but did end up with this filly the next day. Tell me what ya think of her.

http://www.chainsquarterhorses.com/2008HorseAuctionPage2.htm

lot #19

Stories in this area are that when going to a horse sale, you need to lock your trailer doors shut or you will end up with weanlings your didn't buy left in your trailer because they couldn't be sold and the owner didn't want to take them home!!!!!

Maybe not quite that bad, but nearly so. THanks to bleeding hearts who got the no horse slaughter for food ban passed!

mrj

I would love to see some better pics of her! but from what you can see in the hindend-side shot she looks nice, well built and well she is a baby so that just makes her 10x more cute.

Stories in this area are that when going to a horse sale, you need to lock your trailer doors shut or you will end up with weanlings your didn't buy left in your trailer because they couldn't be sold and the owner didn't want to take them home!!!!! ...

It's getting pretty bad here to..... many that aren't selling are being left at the sale barn.....many have been picked up by rescues....I have had some friends pick up a few very well bred,well built weanies this year after they did not sell in the ring...they walked over to the owner and offered dirt cheap prices for em and got em. I have been offered for FREE at least 5 weanlings, 10 mares, 3 studs, and 4 geldings..not all by the same person of course but still..thats a lot of Free horses in my small area....nothing wrong with any of em just unwanted...

Isn't "Fancy Red Bark" from Dean Reeves program (from S.D.)?

One white foot buy her;
Two white feet, deny her;
Three white feet and white on her nose;
knock her in the head and feed her to the crows."

I never believed this ditty...and I like the looks of the filly.
She sure is 'chromy'.

I hope she turns out well for you.

One white foot buy her;
Two white feet, deny her;
Three white feet and white on her nose;
knock her in the head and feed her to the crows
I have never heard it that way...

but back home this was said, it's pretty close to yours tho.
one ya buy em, two ya try em, three deny em, four whites and snip on the nose, cut their hide and feed em to the crows.

but I LOVE chrome on the legs..it just gives a plain ol horse a bit a flash....you just pray when they are born that way that they turn out to move pretty...other wise it's just a mess....lol

Fasterhorses I'm not sure but I do know that this fillies momma did come from somewhere in the dakotas. her momma is lot 20

Latest posts