• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

enough is enough

Help Support Ranchers.net:

jigs

Reaction score
three days into Feburary, and I am already sick and tired of black history month. I mean no disrespect to any blck folks out there, but come on, if I had a Caucasian history month, I would get ran out of town and lashed for being unsensitive..... if one more wealty black person gets on the tv and says they DESERVE to be rich because their great great great grandpa was a slave, I will go nuts. you deserve to be rich because you WORK for it and EARN it.
the other thing that is bent out of context is the civil war.....all the programs say it was fought to free the slaves.....in reality it was fought to preserve the union, freeing the slaves was more of a bonus, rather than the reason.

I assume with the way we are currently cowtoeing to the muslims, we will have a muslim history month before long......
guess that gives us two month on Malcom X !

Karl said:
Why cant we have American Rancher Month?????!!!!

because that would show the slaughter of the Indians in order to create the ranches, thus offending another race.....and in schools today we can not offend, everyone needs to feel loved and equal. God bless the teachers, but seriously, who comes up with thier polocies?

I am sure some of you will think I am going to DEFEND the Black History Month HAHAHAHAHA PLease ............. :roll: OK fine the school I teach at is 87% black 10% hispanic 3% mixed.......yes we have 3 white kids they dont even make the percentage.
For someone to say you "Deserve" to be rich~talked about~given more blah blah because your family was a slave ........HORSE HOCKEY
How many of the WHITE immigrant came over as indentured servants a PC term for slavery. How many of the Irish even up to the 60's were refused jobs because they were Irish......cant hire a drunk. GRRRRRRRRRRcan you tell this is one of my soapboxes? ENOUGH of the separating of the races. My though is the more we segregate the longer racism goes on.

The public schools waste so much time however, often gliding the last 5 - 6 weeks of the year,
In CMS we have our EOG's ..end of grade the 3nd week in may. State testing at its best ...:gag: we get the results back 1.5 -2 weeks later and then have to "CRAM" the kids who did not pass so they can take it AGAIN. the other kids who passed yes they coast after that. We get out June 9 this year. But that is where schools are today test scores. As long as you make your"goal" and meet the standards the state sets up you are good. That does NOT teach these kids to LEARN ....all they do is spit out answers then when you ask them to think they cant.
I better hush .........grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr maybe if enough parents cried out about the tests and stood together we could change it. I am tired of seeing 9 year olds cry and throw up the day of the test NO CHILD should be that STREESED about anything. NEA did a poll last year about testing and 89% of the teachers want a better way to judge what the kids were learning.
sorry I said I will hush.

God bless the teachers, but seriously, who comes up with thier polocies?

The school boards, the politicians, the squeeky wheels.......
I know parents are very busy but...the good ones are letting the fools dictate to them. Ask for a copy of your religous freedoms from the school. You will be amazed that YOU CAN talk about Christmas you have to make sure you say its "Your belief" and the children do not have to believe the same thing. I can say GOD ~which I do all the time. ie..."God gave you 2 ears and 1 mouth you should be doing twice as much listening as talking" "God gave you a seat for you to use, use it" Yes I was called into the principals office and when I gave them the handout about religion he read it and had to tell the parents I was well withing my rights to say that. Too many Teachers are SCARED they have been bullied and threatened and pushed down. They are fighting the system and the parents , not all the parents. I will say 95% are GREAT teachers and want to really TEACH but they cant. I say get rid of the poor quality teacher. You can tell just by watching thier class and talking to the kids.

OK I am really done now uuggggggg
Dang jigs ya had to get me going this early on a sat.

I see the gangs as the big problem, and welfare, when we go into the big city....but in my humble opinion it is the Al Sharptons, Jessie Jacksons and Hillary Clintons of the world that are creating more racism and poverty because THAT IS WHERE THEY GET THEIR POWER FROM.
take 10,000 people any race, and give 1,000 of them decent jobs, 5,000 of them meager jobs, and pay the rest a little bit to do nothing.
now take 10 people of a different race, and let them run the whole thing....
this breeds fools likeJessie andAl....plus Hillary tells the ones on welfare that they NEED her to help them. why not shoot Jessie and Al, teach the people to HELP THEMSELVES, and Hillary will not get re-elected....

Its just another federalist "National" liberal promoted PC thing thats shoved down our throat...Back before the Feds threatened payment "sanctions" on our state we did not have MLK day-- We had a cultural heritage holiday...

I live in a county where there is probably not 10 blacks- populated by Norwegians, German, Scots - actually immigrants from many nations and the major minority are American Indians which number in the thousands (county is partially on Fort Peck Indian Reservation)...

On the Montana heritage day (actually all that week), the tribes would come in to the schools and the community centers and do talks on native history and have dancers- the German community would send in speakers and dancers- same with the Norskis...
A lot was taught on the settlement of this area....

In fact it was interesting to hear the native drumbeat coming from one room, while the bagpipes played from down the hall and you looked in the next room and you saw some little Indian kid being taught a German folk dance....

To me it was much more beneficial- but Big Brother knows better...

Do you all still have Columbus Day? Here it has been abolished and replaced with Native American Day.

Cal said:
Do you all still have Columbus Day? Here it has been abolished and replaced with Native American Day.

Cal- Not sure..Been awhile since I had kids in school- I'll have to check...

All the last one talked about for 4 years were sports, boys, pickups, boys, rodeo, cowboys, horses, cowboys, 4-H, cowboys, and summer vacation...

And it hasn't changed much since she went to college :wink: :lol:

Latest posts