• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Estate Sale Bill

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Cal

Reaction score
Have you ever seen so much equipment that's barely been used? :???: Anyone going?

http://www.farmauctionguide.com/cgi-bin/guide.cgi?sec=v&type=c&id=wieman&anum=1256760266&allimages=yes#images

:shock: impressive lineup. those semis with those kind of miles is unheard of. the proceeds i'm sure with be just as impressive. but i don't think i'll make the sale.....i don't like to buy used equipment :wink:

All that for farming 21 quarters??? :shock: Musta been working with "old money" or lottery winnings! :? Or ........ could it be that they didn't have a cow habit and actually made a bit of coin off their endeavours?? :lol:

Appears they were bachelors? Don passed away in 06, Milo in Feb of this year and Art in Sept, 09. Milo was 72 and Art, 75. Imagine the estate tax. Bet the IRS has rooms rented in town waiting on this one.

DejaVu said:
Appears they were bachelors? Don passed away in 06, Milo in Feb of this year and Art in Sept, 09. Milo was 72 and Art, 75. Imagine the estate tax. Bet the IRS has rooms rented in town waiting on this one.

Why else the need for an estate sale...

There are two sisters, 5 nephews & 2 nieces. That's probably the reason for the sale.

Northern Rancher said:
I saw in 'Successful Farming' they sold a 4440 with only 600 hours on it-I think it brought way more than new price.

If it is the same one I watched it was a 1982 4440 with low hours it brought $54,000 I thought it only had like 87 hours or something real low.

I think it was -the old guy sold out to an oil company and they had to buy him a whole new farm and a line up of equipment. I guess he just rented it out and drove the tractors once in awhile for fun.

They had alot more than 21 quarters. They own ground close to me and I know they rented out more of there ground than they farmed in the last 15 years. I have been told that they were bankrupt in the early 80's and had all there bins full of grain that no one knew about. They then started buying ground around here soon after that.

They were three bachlor brothers and they have or had 175 quaters of land together. When one wanted something they bought three one for each. They had rented most of the land out the last few years.

Seems odd to me-three bachelor brothers. I guess they had their lives devoted to other things.

what ever thier situation was, looks like they had fun. and hell, why not, you can't take any of it with ya when you go

Justin said:
what ever thier situation was, looks like they had fun. and hell, why not, you can't take any of it with ya when you go

:agree:

Just what I was gonna write! Can't tie it to the hearse!

Although I can honestly say I have never wanted to go buy a new tractor, it must have been fun to roll in and buy those three Cat Challengers or big combines at the same time :shock: :) I am sure the equipment dealers will really miss them!

Way to go ol' boys...bet they are lookin' down for heaven, saying, "We really got 'em talking!"

Cheers---

TTB :wink:

Latest posts