• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Ethanol byproducts could increase polio in cattle

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sir Loin said:
WVGenetics
You still didn't answer the question?
What's your problem, cat got your toung?

Repeat:
SL: So I ask you, show me were it says and by whom, it says it is OK to feed corn gluten from Ethanol to commercial and dairy herds and how much should be feed. URL please.
Be sure not to include those sources who are talking about a feedlot operations.

SL

The very article you posted recently quoting the gentleman from Land O' Lakes explained what is is, where it comes from and how to feed it. Also gave warnings for the uninformed and self educated. Maybe you should go back and read it. No where did he say "Do not feed to commerical and/or dairy cattle". Land O'Lakes, aka Purina Mills, Inc. probably uses more CGF than anybody in the world.

Repeat:
You don't have to read or interpret anything for me as I am well acquainted with the English language.
All you have to do is put it up here as a quote and furnish the URL.
What part of that don't you understand ?
SL

Sirloin,

I said I would not post quotes, but since you seem intent to project your incessant ignorance upon the frequenters of this forum, whom I am sure all know better (after my short time as a member, I am sure they are quite knowledgeable), as well as countless other less informed individuals, I will attempt to shed some light on this subject one final time, then I will cease to attempt to discuss it with you any longer.

Please find quotes at the bottom of this post retrieved from the papers which are linked below and were previously provided to you as references. Apparently you were unable to read them on your own.

WV

Paper #1 above:
It was estimated that 18.6% of the dietary DM fed as WCGF as a replacement for both portions of the concentrate and the forage in similar diets would have maximized milk yield without negatively affecting milk composition or feed efficiency.
North Dakota State University, 2003

Paper # 2:
Diets containing up to 60% of DM as dry corn gluten feed were acceptable for dairy cows.
University of Missouri, 1990

Paper#3:
DM intake were not affected by increased feeding of wet corn gluten feed. Higher producing cows performed well on this feed. Wet corn gluten feed was generally acceptable when fed separately, but two animals refused sizable portions when fed the highest amount. Wet corn gluten feed can be utilized in traditional stall feeding of dairy cattle, and individual feeding should allow better management of this feed resource by limiting the amount offered to cattle that find it unpalatable. Wet corn gluten feed is also an adequate supplement for raising dairy replacements, allowing more rapid utilization of this perishable feed resource by the dairy herd
University of Wisconsin,1987

Paper#4:
Intake of CP and NDF and apparent digestibility of DM were greatest when wet or dry corn gluten feed was fed. No differences in DMI, milk yield, and percentages of milk protein, lactose, or SNF were observed, but milk fat percentage was lowest when dry corn gluten feed was fed. Results indicate that corn gluten feed can replace 27% of dietary DM without altering milk yield, but new deliveries should be sampled regularly and amounts fed adjusted to compensate for varying nutrient concentrations.
University of Tennessee, 1991

WVGenetics

Good, you are half way there!
Now give me a quote from each one of those URLs that proves your position. After all, I wouldn't want to put words in your mouth.
Good luck!
SL

Sir Loin said:
Then we have two more sheeples, George and Faster horses, engaging in personal attacks and making threats.
Which do not address the issue and are only meant to intimidate.

Try again sheeple!

SL

I beg your pardon. No one threatened you. I will say
you are getting on most everyone's nerves. You come in here
calling people names right off the bat. I don't know why
we even need to give you the time of day, to tell you the truth.

You need an attitude adjustment. And that's not a threat, that's
a FACT. (No URL needed.)

Faster horses said:
Sir Loin said:
Then we have two more sheeples, George and Faster horses, engaging in personal attacks and making threats.
Which do not address the issue and are only meant to intimidate.

Try again sheeple!

SL

I beg your pardon. No one threatened you. I will say
you are getting on most everyone's nerves. You come in here
calling people names right off the bat. I don't know why
we even need to give you the time of day, to tell you the truth.

You need an attitude adjustment. And that's not a threat, that's
a FACT. (No URL needed.)

:agree:

Sir Loin said:
Trigger tripping time.

TexasBred

Dear Bred,

You have continually shot your mouth off about corn gluten form Ethanol being ok to feed to commercial and dairy herds and blamed management of those herds for causing the death of their own cattle.
So I ask you, show me were it says and by whom, it says it is OK to feed corn gluten from Ethanol to commercial and dairy herds and how much should me feed. URL please.
Be sure not to include those sources who are talking about a feedlot operations.
Now put up or shut up.
Thank Q in advance
SL

http://dairy.ifas.ufl.edu/dpc/2007/Staples.pdf

There you go.....you can read it yourself. Now you STFU !!!!

FH, my guess on RA Ranch is that he is just busy...young family and all. He seems to come and go.

As far as the rest of goes...kinda like PB in my book :?

Sir Loin all you have done is completely convince me ( and possibaly a few others ) that you are an ignorant person that should have been taught better at home or before first grade - - - -I'm sorry for you as I feel it is to late!

You seem to have been raised with a silver spoon in your mouth and a big brother to cover for you and were never taught better, again I feel sorry for you as I'm sure your are more miserable by yourself than any other time!

Arn't you glad you are living in this country so that you will not experence the responce that you would get in a less compliant country.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts