• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Ethanol Plant, etc.........photos

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Cal

Reaction score
calvinsoct09052.jpg

The ethanol plant just north of Redfield, SD where I've been hauling from. Not a really large plant, but modern and efficient.

calvinsoct09051.jpg

Railroad cars lined up at the plant

calvinsoct09050.jpg

Looking back at the scale house/office building and load out facility

calvinsoct09047.jpg

The wet stuff

calvinsoct09045.jpg

calvinsoct09038.jpg

This piece of equipment to load semis is run by an operator up on a platform, it's all controled by sort of a joystick....for lack of a better term. DDG is blown in through tubes from a different building.

calvinsoct09040.jpg

Retracts like an old bull when done filling :lol:

calvinsoct09027.jpg

some pheasant hunting pictures

calvinsoct09025.jpg

calvinsoct09017.jpg

calvinsoct09007.jpg

Dog washing windows

calvinsoct09004.jpg

Let's go!

calvinsoct09008.jpg

Letting the dog lick the outside of the shot glass full of Tuaca while your buddy goes to the restroom......free

calvinsoct09015.jpg

Keeping a straight face until he's done drinking it.....PRICELESS..... :lol: :lol:

Cal......Perhaps Katrina can bring her WD 40 up and polish them windows for ya :lol: :lol: :lol: Might cost you a heavy hit on the Tuaca bottle tho!

I'm bumping this as I meant to ask about it and then time got away from me.... :eek: So Cal...is the wet stuff what you feed? and what does it cost? and how much does the dog charge to do windows????!!!!

cowsense said:
Cal......Perhaps Katrina can bring her WD 40 up and polish them windows for ya :lol: :lol: :lol: Might cost you a heavy hit on the Tuaca bottle tho!

Just in case she doesn't want to drink out of the bottle, can have that white dog get a glass all cleaned up for her. :wink:

Spectator said:
That's a great Airedale you've got, Cal, I always enjoy seeing pictures of him.

Thanks. Oddly enough she's been going bird hunting. I wasn't with them, but they say she does pretty good at flushing them out, and will catch and bring back a wounded one, not scared of guns......no expensive training. :lol:

Yanuck said:
I'm bumping this as I meant to ask about it and then time got away from me.... :eek: So Cal...is the wet stuff what you feed? and what does it cost? and how much does the dog charge to do windows????!!!!

Yanuck, the wet distiller grain requires a live bottom trailer or a dump box to haul, now they're calling it modified wet. It has too much water in it, 50%, and too short of a storage window, for as far as I have to haul it. Not sure of the price they have on the wet now, but the dry was contracted for $73/T. I only have one more load to get, but Lord knows when our road will dry out enough to get a loaded truck in again.....and the contract is supposed to be filled within the next 3 days. :shock:

Fired the dog from washing windows, but she just keeps on doing them for free. :wink:

per said:
It looks like the dog leaves a "protective" film on the glass.

Sort of like WD40. :)

so what wold you mix with the modified wet? ground hay? and how long does it keep before it rots

Yanuck said:
so what wold you mix with the modified wet? ground hay? and how long does it keep before it rots
They claim it keeps for two weeks, depending on the weather I'm sure. Who on here was feeding that....Denny? Maybe somebody who's used it will let us know how it worked out and what they mixed it with. I've actually never seen any of it after it left the plant.

Cal said:
Yanuck said:
They claim it keeps for two weeks, depending on the weather I'm sure. Who on here was feeding that....Denny? Maybe somebody who's used it will let us know how it worked out and what they mixed it with. I've actually never seen any of it after it left the plant.[/quote

It will keep okay from here on till spring if you pile it up decent. We've got it in july before and you better have it fed in a week or the second week it's pretty spoiled. The best we had was 30 semi loads dumped 3 wide and 10 load's long once it was cooled off I pushed the ends and side's towards the middle to pile it up It froze really hard in january -30 weater but I could keep digging in to get enough to feed each day.

The wet you can just feed on the snow in the winter I fed it from a rear unload silage wagon. Just drop a pile every 30 ft or so.Its best to feed where the snow is packed down if its fresh snow it waste's quite a bit.

They've kinda priced it too high the last couple winters for me. We've went to feeding the syrup it's free plus trucking and keeps alot better.I feed straight if I am getting it in or I mix it with corn silage. We've got some pretty rank hay I'm planning on grinding and mixing with syrup and silage this winter.

Distance from the plant dictates how much it's really worth were 40 miles and it gets costly even that far your hauling 65% water.

Latest posts