• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Even a blind pig....

Help Support Ranchers.net:

leanin' H

Reaction score
I always like to attend the Utah Cattlemen's Association Beef Field Day every year in February. They always have interesting classes and discussions and a guy can learn something. Plus I have the chance to rub shoulders with good folks in this vocation and catch up some friends that are scattered across the state. They always have a trade show where I have been lucky enough to get a sorting stick or a pair of gloves now and then. Every year, I write a check for my dues to the association at the same time. Yesterday they pulled my name out of the hopper for $1000 of Powder River equipment! :D I was sure surprised to say the least. Pretty cool. It put the topper on a pretty good day. We had a low-stress cattle handling class, Discussed the new VFD fiasco, had a round table discussion with a chef and grocery store registered dieticians and purchasing manager on how to better market beef and answer customer concerns, learned how the NCBA would like us to advocate beef and discussed how teaching elementary kids about ranching and farming benefits them and us when we hold farm/ranch days. It was a lot of good things and my luck was with me.

Congratulations! I am biased... Very Biased, but enjoy that Powder River Product!

Congratulations! Couldn't happen to a nicer guy! And you sound like the kind of person our cattlemens' organizations need more of! Meetings like that one which combine cattle working classes and the consumer interaction information we all need more of, really are of great benefit. If we can influence just one consumer, that can represent years of beef consumption which makes a healthier, happier consumer, and a cattleman who has a better chance to be profitable.

Hope the new equipment makes the work go more smoothly.

mrj

What's the catch?

Hahaha, fooled ya there 'H - it's a Powder River catch!

(Okay, just came in from the cold and the humor is weak I know)

Congratulations on a fine prize!

rancherfred said:
$1000 of goat equipment ought to set you up pretty nice. Maybe you can start a goat dairy with that much equipment.

Wonder if it comes complete with a 'lectric milking mocheen or if Ol' H will still have to manually fondle the nannies? :lol:

rancherfred said:
$1000 of goat equipment ought to set you up pretty nice. Maybe you can start a goat dairy with that much equipment.

Now that was funny! :lol: I'd imagine when I finally die and Mrs. H posts the news here, you will still be giving me hell for those 2 goats. Someday when we meet my friend, remind me to thump ya some!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gcreek, There was never any fondling going on here. Unless its a great big buck. :D :D

Hahahahah.... Haven't been in long enough to know the back story on the goats, but keep it coming - best chuckle I've had in days!

I'm a member of the association but didn't get anything about the field day. Would've been a good excuse to get out of the fog down here!

C-J said:
Hahahahah.... Haven't been in long enough to know the back story on the goats, but keep it coming - best chuckle I've had in days!

I'm a member of the association but didn't get anything about the field day. Would've been a good excuse to get out of the fog down here!

You're closer then Rancherfred so you might get the "Thumpin" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just don't let him get a hold of you.

He's got really strong hands from all that milking.

Soapweed said:
rancherfred said:
Goat jokes never get old. In fact, when you do go I expect it to be in a tragic goat milking accident.

Quite a few years ago, there was a man about a hundred miles from here that got killed by a kicking llama.

Soap do ya know if that llama is still around and would be available for hire? I have several folks I plan to put contracts out on here shortly and would like it to look like an accident. :twisted: :D :D

C-J, sorry ya didn't hear about the field day. It was on the website and in January's Utah Cattlemen's monthly they send out to the membership. It happens every February and is worth going to even if ya don't win a thing. And the back story on the goats is much to tragic and terrible to tell here. Plus these jokers all think they are comedians and would just reload and make another run at me. :lol:

You may have to tell your side of the story H as I am having a hard time visualizing a blind pig milking a goat. :)

For many Years Lou Talbert's gives away a couple hat certificates at our bi annual meetings. Sue got one a couple years ago so we came back home thru Casper.... it only a hundred dollars, hat ended up costing me another $300 :mad:

So H , don't go and get that fancy hydraulic chute now :D

Wow! Congrats. Reading about someone winning something is as close as it gets for me :clap:

Latest posts