• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Evil BIG OIL of BIG GOVERNMENT?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

BBJ

Reaction score
Saw this on Cavuto and thought it might spark up some good talk, :shock:

CAVUTO: Senator, do you know how much, out of curiosity, is built into a gallon of gasoline, the profits of the oil companies? Do you know what's the average?

DURBIN: Well, let me see. ExxonMobil, what did they make in three months? It was $10 billion, if I'm not mistaken, the largest corporate profits in the history of the United States.

CAVUTO: Maybe you could answer my question. It's about 9 cents. Do you know how much taxes are, Senator? About 50 cents.

DURBIN: Let me tell you....

(CROSSTALK)

CAVUTO: So, don't you think you should be more focused on the tax-gouging than necessarily the profit-gouging?

DURBIN: How do you explain their profits after taxes? You're ignoring that, Neil. You don't want to talk about it.

CAVUTO: Are you ignoring the taxes? Senator, I'm asking you simply, are you ignoring the taxes? Would you roll back those taxes?

DURBIN: No. I'm telling you the taxes pay for the roads that we use.

CAVUTO: Would you roll back those taxes?

DURBIN: No.

Let me tell you, you look at the traffic congestion in America and the need for mass transit, you want to cut the source of funding to deal with that congestion? You're wrong. We have got to have taxation of users of our roads, in order to keep them safe and to keep them modern and to build mass transit.

Neil, you can't walk away from that.

CAVUTO: So, $50 cents a gallon, the taxes are OK? The 9 cent profit, that's not OK?

DURBIN: Oh, stop the 9 cents.

Now what I find interresting is that durbin refers to Exxon making $10 billion in three months, the largest corporate profits in the history of the United States, but if the 9 cents and 50 cents, averages are correct then how much did the govt. make in those same three months, and how much of that money will go into keeping the users of our roads safe and to keep the roads modern and to build mass transit as durbin says?

???

Yep, I know that I'd sure like to go back to the olden days when every property owner was responsible for keeping up the road along their property. :roll:

Federal Banking system, you'll be surprised to know is not Federal.

The Federal Reserve is the entity that oversees and regulates America's money supply. This system was instituted by Congress in 1913. There are seven members on the Board of Governors, and twelve Reserve Banks located in America. The Board of Governors are appointed by the President and confirmed by the Senate. The official Fed website states, "The primary responsibility of the Board is formulation of monetary policy." However, "the seven-member Board represent a majority of the twelve-member Federal Open Market Committee, the group that makes the key decisions affecting the cost and availability of money and credit in the economy." It seems that these are not appointed by our elected leaders, but by officers of the Bank. Many of the board's members are also involved in other organizations. For example, the New York branch's president, William J. McDonough is a member of the Council on Foreign Relations and is a member of the Trilateral Commission. Both of these organizations advocate the New World Order.

Federal Reserve "is not Federal; it has no reserves; and it is not a system at all, but rather, a criminal syndicate." These are harsh words against the entity that runs all of the United States' monetary and credit policy. The Federal Reserve is the organization that American taxpayers pay debt to, both personal debt and the American deficit. The Fed has always been cloaked in secrecy, from the first meetings by International bankers at the turn of the 19th century on Jekyll Island, Georgia.

The Federal Reserve Bank of America is not a government entity. It is a private corporation with stock owned by shareholders. A majority of these shareholders are not American.

Presently, there are many hints and rumors of hints about the Fed. William J. McDonough, the Governor of the New York branch, is due to be replaced soon. In the Inner City Press, it is stated that so far, all appointments have been declined. If no one accepts the position, the first vice president, Jamie B Stewart Jr. will receive the post and is not granting interviews. Mr. Stewart was formerly a vice president of the Mellon Bank Corporation, with the Mellon's being affiliated with the Rockefellers and the Rothchilds. The Inner City Press continues, "we were informed last week by the Federal Reserve Bank of Boston that 'you should be aware that the Federal Reserve Bank is not an agency of the federal government and is not subject to the Freedom of Information Act…" This great website also quotes William Ryback, associate director of the Fed's BS&R division as saying that they have detected a lack inside the Fed in enforcing the anti-money-laundering laws. On the current deflation worries, Greg McBride, CFA eludes in his column to the fact that the Fed is NOT worried about deflation, but wants to create an environment for long-term low interest rates to encourage mortgage refinancing and corporate borrowing. This would cause more money to be owed to the Federal Reserve, therefore boosting their privately held shares.

http://www.prisonplanet.com/analysis_fortman_052703_fed.html

Dis wrote:
Yep, I know that I'd sure like to go back to the olden days when every property owner was responsible for keeping up the road along their property.

I don't think I would be able to maintain the road that goes through our ranch that was just redone for about $11 million. And it is not a freeway.

BBJ said:

CAVUTO: Senator, do you know how much, out of curiosity, is built into a gallon of gasoline, the profits of the oil companies? Do you know what's the average?

DURBIN: Well, let me see. ExxonMobil, what did they make in three months? It was $10 billion, if I'm not mistaken, the largest corporate profits in the history of the United States.

CAVUTO: Maybe you could answer my question. It's about 9 cents. Do you know how much taxes are, Senator? About 50 cents.

(CROSSTALK)

CAVUTO: So, don't you think you should be more focused on the tax-gouging than necessarily the profit-gouging?

DURBIN: How do you explain their profits after taxes? You're ignoring that, Neil. You don't want to talk about it.

CAVUTO: Are you ignoring the taxes? Senator, I'm asking you simply, are you ignoring the taxes? Would you roll back those taxes?

Let me tell you, you look at the traffic congestion in America and the need for mass transit, you want to cut the source of funding to deal with that congestion? You're wrong. We have got to have taxation of users of our roads, in order to keep them safe and to keep them modern and to build mass transit.

CAVUTO: So, $50 cents a gallon, the taxes are OK? The 9 cent profit, that's not OK?

Now what I find interresting is that durbin refers to Exxon making $10 billion in three months, the largest corporate profits in the history of the United States, but if the 9 cents and 50 cents, averages are correct then how much did the govt. make in those same three months, and how much of that money will go into keeping the users of our roads safe and to keep the roads modern and to build mass transit as durbin says?

???

For every one cent gain in gas prices, that equals a 6 million profit gain for oil gas companies. Welcome to the "Corporate" take over!"

:twisted:

T3023 said:
BBJ said:

(CROSSTALK)

???

For every one cent gain in gas prices, that equals a 6 million profit gain for oil gas companies. Welcome to the "Corporate" take over!"

:twisted:

So what does that equal for the govt in taxes?

Latest posts