• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Expert: black leaders fueling racial division

Help Support Ranchers.net:

hypocritexposer

Reaction score
Carol Swain, professor of law and political science at Vanderbilt University, said black political leaders like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton are using the death of Trayvon Martin to stir racial division for political gain.

Swain says she believes most Americans wanted an investigation into the Feb. 26 incident in which George Zimmmerman, 28, shot and killed Martin, 17, while on neighborhood watch. Martin was unarmed and walking to his father's fiance's house. Zimmerman claims he was attacked by Martin and shot Martin in self-defense after having his head beat against the pavement.

Swain, who is an expert on race relations, immigration, black leadership and evangelical politics says today's black leaders "don't put forth ideas and solutions that advance the cause of black people. Rather, they prefer to heat up the solution."

Her latest book is called, "Be the People: a Call to Reclaim America's Faith and Promise."

http://www.greeleygazette.com/press/?p=14234

LOL. Not to be a smartalec, but No Sh*t. What gets me, is the people who do these studies and write these so-called important pieces of information, actually get paid to tell us what the average American already knows.

I wish I was smart enough to figure a way to give my opinions. Not to pat myself on the back or anything, but I think it would be enlightening.

Tex

tumbleweed_texn said:
LOL. Not to be a smartalec, but No Sh*t. What gets me, is the people who do these studies and write these so-called important pieces of information, actually get paid to tell us what the average American already knows.

I wish I was smart enough to figure a way to give my opinions. Not to pat myself on the back or anything, but I think it would be enlightening.

Tex

She's black, so it carries more weight than you or I saying the same thing.

It is too bad though that she will be quickly dismissed. Being educated and successful, she will be accused of being out of touch with the average black person and having no real world experience of being kept down and put uopn. I have seen it firsthand on indian reservations and heard of it in the ghetto. When a person from a poverty stricken environment actually does break out and find success, they are looked at as a traitor and looked down upon rather than looked up to as an example of what is possible by perserverence and hard work.

It has been a while since it happened, but there was a young man from the Crow Res up around Hardin, Mt who was able to go to college and become a doctor. His goal was to gain an education in order to help his people back on the res. When he finally completed his schooling and gaining his degrees he went back. Not long after returning he ran into some old friends that he had grown up with. They commenced to taunting him and calling him names and accusing him of thinking he was somehow better than them because of his education. The taunts turned to fists and the fists turned to beating. Before they were done they had beaten this young man to death simply because he worked hard in order to be an asset to his people.

This is'nt an isolated incedent as it happens everywhere there is poverty. The people who could actually benefit from the information this person could teach them, will in fact never listen. People like Sharpton and Jackson tell them what they want to hear. They continue telling them that is someone else's fault. They dont preach self reliance and responsibility. The preach victimization. They tell them that it is ok to be on the public dole because it is the white mans fault. It is sad to say, but that article will fall on deaf ears and cast aside simply because it is the truth and does'nt tell people what they want the truth to be.

Tex

tumbleweed_texn said:

Tex

My first thought was YOU THINK but No Sh*t works too. :wink:

Latest posts