• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Expert says border should stay closed

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Jarred I don't want to get in a fight but you have stated about canadian subsidies, and canadian producers getting $200 to winter their cows. Well that not true. Some producers got $200 and in Sask we got $120. But that was only on 30% of the calf crop and we had to keep them off the market until Jan '06. There was not the uptake as they had hoped as the need for cash drew alot of calves to market last fall and many didn't have facilities to background and many had off farm jobs that did not allow them the time to background. This was no different then a disaster payment in the US. The government had a fat cattle set aside and the was used to hold cattle off the market and release them when the basis narrowed. Packer could not collect on this program and it prevented dumping of fats so in turn would have helped the US market.
Some one posted the Farm subsidy database a few days ago and altho livestock doesn't collect as much money as the grain crops no one iin canada is collecting that kind of money. Just remember this next time you go on a rant about subsidized canadian Beef and if R-CALF gets it wish when a Positive is found in the US that you get some help to winter the cows. say hi to Ronald and Bill

As always, Sandhusker offers nothing to back his allegations about USDA supporting a packer agenda and Nebrusker offers nothing to contradict anything I have presented.

Business as usual!

~SH~

jared

I am not interested in debate. The fact is Broke Cowboy said it best.

In the end, there is little anyone can do but support their own opinions.

And we all know what opinions can be compared to because everyone has an .......

Unfortunately it always gets into mud slinging.

Entertainment is fine but civility is appropriate in most cases.

I do not see a lot, and in many cases it comes from too many directions.

Those north and those south of the border are not really enemies.

There are manywho have forgotten this. Those who would throw petrol on the fire in the name of entertainment often experience unexpected and unwanted results.

In Africa a jackal is a hated and at the same time respected animal.

Unfortunately there are some enemies being made here because the jackals are loud, and yet they forget they must also live in a pack that knows few boundaries.

Even jackals kill and eat jackals.

AHP

should probably have worn my hip waders.

Are thos e the 'SPECIAL' ones you wear with the ladies out in the barn. I would have taken you more for a whips and chains kind of guy but if rubber and latex is your thing...

Grassroots members of R-Calf are in it because they mistakenly buy into their leadership's narrow view of the world. They think that the current approach is being taken to protect their interests. They are wrong.

R-Calf 'leadership' is in it for self promotion, job justification, and the thrill of reading their names in print.

No matter how much hot air they throw around, it is not to benefit the membership, and since they are self appointed, there is no way for the membership to affect their behaviour, no matter what you may think.

That's my story and I'm stickin to it. These people are not here to 'help American cattlemen'. They are here to help themselves. :roll:

jared wrote

my motives here are purely for entertainment value,

No, I used the word "entertainment" in the same context you used and as I have reproduced for your clarity.

Re-read it again with that in mind.

And attempt to maintain some civility.

Lowering oneself simply shows baseness and that is not really acceptable in a civilized world. Only bring out weaponry when negotiations fail. Then, and only then will you be considered worthy.

I am off to tangle with something far more dangerous today. Enjoy your life.

AHP

:shock: Interesting comments AHP. Especially when I consider the acronym. Discussion over mental capacity, civility and entertainment vs. hurt. - - Here in Alberta , Canada, AHP stands for Alberta Hospital Ponoka.
Our own very special mental health facility. An educational, and educating place. :D

Nebrusker: "I would love to engage you in debate over the cattle industry but I will not do it here, because nothing EVER gets resolved on this site."

As if the facts that you don't have to back your position now would suddenly beam down to you in another setting. LOL!

My bet is that you are more comfortable debating the issues in a bar room with your R-CULT intimidation support group or a blamer's convention where you can shout down anyone who dares to question the parroted phrases or your lying leaders.

That's precisely where you prefer to debate because if you could back your position, you'd do it here but you can't so you do what it is that you do best, puke on the computer screen.

~SH~

SH (Previous): ....."where you can shout down anyone who dares to question the parroted phrases or your lying leaders."

Nebrusker (in response): "My guess is your sore because you been on the recieving end of this many times."

Having some overly emotional R-CALFer yelling at me because they lack the self confidence to calmly back their position with supporting facts hardly has a negative impact on me. I'm not the one who lacks self confidence.

I'll just smile and calmly ask them a question that I know they can't answer in response.

Let me give you a classic example Nebrusker. I was at the Range Beef Cow Symposium where Lynn Cornwell, representing NCBA, was talking about all the false information that was being printed in certain sale barn oriented livestock publications. Some overly emotional NCBA blamer in the back of the room started yelling about how NCBA was representing the packers, yada, yada. The same mindless unsupported allegations we've heard over and over. Knowing he had no clue what he was talking about, I asked him to be more specific. He couldn't even pick an issue. LOL! Obviously just repeating what he'd heard.

~SH~

Latest posts