• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

False hope

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Disagreeable

Reaction score
For those of you who seem to think that we're building a police force or Iraqi military that will support a Democratic government:

"Iraq's National Security Adviser, Dr Mouwafak al-Rubaie, said he did not know how far security forces had been undermined by insurgents.
He told the BBC: "Our Iraqi security forces in general, police in particular, in many parts of Iraq, I have to admit, have been penetrated by some of the insurgents, some of the terrorists as well.
"I can't deny this. We are putting in place a very scrupulous, very meticulous vetting procedure in the process of recruiting a new batch of police and Iraqi army, which will, if you like, clean our security forces as well as stop any penetration in future from the insurgents and terrorists."
Al-Rubaie added: "I can't give you a percentage of the extent of the penetration, but I have to admit that the Iraqi security forces are penetrated, to what extent I don't know."

He doesn't know. We've spent billions of American dollars training and arming the Iraqi Army and police and now find out we've been arming and training insurgents and terrorists! Apparently we'll just start over again and spend a few more billion. Link below; my emphasis.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/meast/09/21/iraq.britain0840/index.html?section=cnn_latest

01-30-2005.jpg

We are putting in place a very scrupulous, very meticulous vetting procedure in the process of recruiting a new batch of police and Iraqi army, which will, if you like, clean our security forces as well as stop any penetration in future from the insurgents and terrorists."

Had they not seen the problem, had they not addressed the problem there would be a problem, but even as the article states the Iraqis are working to impliment steps to overcome the problem....something a liberal anti-military lefty like you can't seem to comprehend......Adapt-Overcome...

We can adapt and re-adapt, but we can't overcome an idea with a military solution. Our generals on the ground say we can't defeat the insurgency by military action. They say we need a political settlement. The Sunnis have said they won't accept the Constitution as written. The Constitution doesn't give "freedom and democracy" to everyone in Iraq, especially women. It gives the Shiite religions leaders way too much power, in many people's opinion. The Kurds want the right to separate from the country of "Iraq". So we can train and retrain and retrain. We can spend more $billions, but the insurgents are the Iraqi people. (The bombers, terrorists, are mostly foreigners) There's no way to keep them out of the police or Army. Their loyalty is to their religious leaders, not the politicans or their "country." So you can pretend and pretend and pretend while more Americans die and we throw $billions into the desert just because our president had a personal vendetta with Saddam.

Latest posts