• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Fantastic evening

Help Support Ranchers.net:

sw

Reaction score
Snuck away yesterday afternoon and ran down to the Montana Stockgrowers convention to take in the last part of it. Hanta Yo has been there all week so somebody has to stay home and tend to things. for the evening banquet, good prime rib for a large convention, then the real stuff started. In marched the 7th Cavalry Drum and Bugle Corps, in 1800's attire, with Custer leading, bringing in the flags. The whole place stood up, hands on hearts, and they played some patriotic tunes. It was neat. Then the Start Spangled Banner sang by one of them with no backup, no music. Then a prayer for our troops, past present and future, followed by Amazing Grace on the bagpipes. Everyone is still standing with their hands on their hearts, silence (except for all of these sniffs I could hear coming from every direction, guess it is cold season) Looked at one of the drummers and he was staring intently at the ceiling trying to keep it together. Then they marched out, everyone is still standing. it was fantastic. Next, a Colonel from the Montana National Guard shared with us pictures and experiences he had in Afganistan. Nothing he said has ever been in the national media. I think he only got three standing ovations. I talked to him after everything else was over, he is just like JingleBob's kid, oh its nothing, just doing my job. But then he said to me. "you know, these people are the salt of the earth, these people in this organization are what it is all about, the strong work ethics, the pride in what they do." All I could say was "it don't get no better than this buddy." I thanked him again for his service, even though it embarrasses him when people thank him. Could not be more proud to be an American or be more proud of doing what we do with the kind of people in that big room. Wish a bunch of you could have seen it. Fact, I wish good ol Dis could have witnessed how real Americans feel and think, probably would have caused a heart attack!

what a beautiful post, sw!!! Would have given anything to be there to be a witness!! Sounds like the true spirit of the human soul!! But, where are the pictures??? :wink:

lol, smart us, we didnt even take any lol that is a first, i dont think dad even brought his camera with him...had mine but it was up in the hotel room but we didnt even think about it :oops:

It's great to get to meet some REAL americans, ain't it sw? People who go and do their jobs,even tho' it is dangerous and don't whine about what they are doing. Too bad the liberals can't learn from these kind. :wink:

My cousin's son is a Navy SEAL and he couldn't wait to go to work after 911! :)

Thanks sw for sharing. I wish the whole country could feel as we do about our country. We all need to get the word out when given a chance, how very great our country is.

It was totally awesome! I don't think I have ever experienced the cohesiveness of that many people in one large room. And by the way, Colonel Cusker also made the comment that Allah should be getting down one the number of virgins available as we have sent a remarkable number of martyrs to get their reward :wink:

Latest posts