• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

February photos

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Soapweed

Reaction score
Apaintingmydaddid.jpg

An oil painting that my dad did of his grandparents' early day homestead
Theheaddogandchiefproprietorofaloca.jpg

The head dog and chief proprietor of a local business establishment
Bringingthelastonesthroughthegate.jpg

Trailing the herd closer to home
Newfeedground.jpg

New feed ground
Contentedcows.jpg

Contented cows
Trailingtheherdclosertohome.jpg

Bringing the last ones through the gate
Saddletramponthetheblackhorse.jpg

Saddletramp on the black
Saddletrampinwinterattire.jpg

Saddletramp in winter attire
Shadesofsundown.jpg

Shades of sundown
Eveningflurryofsnow.jpg

Evening flurry of snow

Saddletramp always manages to look photogenic.
Does Donna help dress him? :D

nr said:
Saddletramp always manages to look photogenic.
Does Donna help dress him? :D

Couldn't tell you for sure, as I'm not on hand when the deed is done. I just snap pictures of whatever comes along. :wink: He did let the ol' horsetrader, Jinglebob, sell him a new hat; but in my humble opinion he doesn't look nearly as photogenic while wearing it. Ol' Jinglebob kinda got to him, but what the heck, it's a free country. :???: :? :wink: :)

About that oil painting, one half looks like sod. Does anyone remember how they finished the interior walls? Always wondered that about our ancestor's soddy.

FH's question led me to wonder, "Do you have any horses that aren't for sale?" LOL.....I thot I didn't, but a nieghbor tried to buy one from me. I was going to say $10,000 as I realy didn't want to sell him nd have the wrath of the wife come down on me. Welllllll.........I am glad because the nieghbor is an old cowboy that won the lottery. He later told my wife he thot he could get $20,000 for the horse. I don't think so as it was a ways from finished. But if he even thot that he could double his money, well, I haven't seen too many horse trading cowboys that wouldn't jump on it. He is one I call a horse trading cowboy outta respect as he has done pretty well at both.

BTW, the horses I do sell, generally, $3,500-$5,000 if they are pretty well along. I Wanna clarify that I am just not in that Big dollar market. My post wasn't to pump anything up. I have friends and nieghbors that are, but they travel in different circles.

PPRM

Denny, do you know Brandon QH's? I think that is the name. They are horse traders from Minnesota with a terrible reputation here.

On sellling the horse, you only get to price them once... :shock:

Here is a story about that. The Wagoner's, the folks I mention here from time to time that are such good cowboys and horsemen; the dad is now deceased. His name was Bill Wagoner and he and his son are the ones that rode the horses and led the colts that I mentioned in another post. They are very carful not to override young horses. (Oops, Getting off the track here.)

He had a couple of real good horses called Kiddo and Muggins. He would ride one and lead the other and if he had to rope something to doctor it, the horse that was being led would not take the slack out of the lead rope. He really thought a lot of both horses, but a fellow was trying to buy Muggins. This was back when horses were $300-$500 for good ones. He got back to the house one night and was turning the horses lose when this guy drives up and comes to the corral. He says to Bill, "what would you take for ole Muggins tonight?" Bill says, "$800.

In telling the story Bill says, "I could have bit my tongue off. I did not want to sell that horse for any price. Boy, was I releived when the man says, "would ya take $7?" Bill says I finished taking the halter off and said, "I wouldn't take 8 now."

Remember, you can only price them once. If someone takes you up on it, it is all over.

Soapweed says, $2500 FIRM. That means, I'm not budging on the price.

Faster horses said:
Denny, do you know Brandon QH's? I think that is the name. They are horse traders from Minnesota with a terrible reputation here.

On sellling the horse, you only get to price them once... :shock:

Here is a story about that. The Wagoner's, the folks I mention here from time to time that are such good cowboys and horsemen; the dad is now deceased. His name was Bill Wagoner and he and his son are the ones that rode the horses and led the colts that I mentioned in another post. They are very carful not to override young horses. (Oops, Getting off the track here.)

He had a couple of real good horses called Kiddo and Muggins. He would ride one and lead the other and if he had to rope something to doctor it, the horse that was being led would not take the slack out of the lead rope. He really thought a lot of both horses, but a fellow was trying to buy Muggins. This was back when horses were $300-$500 for good ones. He got back to the house one night and was turning the horses lose when this guy drives up and comes to the corral. He says to Bill, "what would you take for ole Muggins tonight?" Bill says, "$800.

In telling the story Bill says, "I could have bit my tongue off. I did not want to sell that horse for any price. Boy, was I releived when the man says, "would ya take $7?" Bill says I finished taking the halter off and said, "I wouldn't take 8 now."

Remember, you can only price them once. If someone takes you up on it, it is all over.

Soapweed says, $2500 FIRM. That means, I'm not budging on the price.

I have never heard of those horsetrader's but I don't buy many horses and the one's I have bought lately have came from my best friends.

I had someone offer to buy my dog one day after we gathered and trailed my cows about 2 miles (they had gone for a walk) he asked how much I would sell her for I said $3500 he said that's to much I said it's not enough if you like her.She's not worth that much to anyone but me but to me she's worth lot's more.

Latest posts