• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Feds leave N.Y. hanging - great editorial

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Disagreeable

Reaction score
Unbelievable. And now we have Harriet Who for the Supreme Court! A new poll shows the number of Americans supporting impeachment is growing. Do you think there's a chance to get this bozo out before we have another disaster?

U.S. military was under orders to shoot and kill the alleged plotters if they left Iraq.

The shoot-to-kill order, issued last Wednesday in Iraq against three alleged plotters, never got put to the test. The trio was arrested on Thursday and Friday.

But its existence underscored how seriously the alleged subway bomb plot - which has since been largely discredited - was initially viewed by some in the U.S. intelligence community, sources said....

"The military had the order that if any of the three headed to Syria, they had to be stopped - shot and killed if that is what it took," said a law enforcement source in Washington who sat in on intelligence briefings.
http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/355005p-302518c.html

Maybe taking some facts over "editorial" opinion would shed some light on how each "threat" must be taken seriously....

I have to disagree with you on this editorial being great, Reader.

Sounds like a bunch of "whiney babies" wanting some attention.

Reader, would you answer a simple question that was discussed and disagreed upon a while back? What does and what does not constitute a WMD? Please be specific. Thanks.

reader (the Second) said:
Cal said:
Reader, would you answer a simple question that was discussed and disagreed upon a while back? What does and what does not constitute a WMD? Please be specific. Thanks.

a weapon capable of killing a lot of people

chemical
biological
nuclear
conventional

sometimes they say CBRN and I assume R is radioactive

anyway among the folks I support they study capability of getting and using such weapons, WMD

WMD came up upon the breakup of the Soviet Union when WMD proliferated from the labs and military installations of the FSU so that you've got all sorts of crazies with access to nuclear, chemical, biological weapons. And of course the Internet which the Jihadists use for instance to teach chemical weapon manufacturing, suicide bombing, etc. Their sites even have videos on them.
Thanks. The "dirty bomb" would fit into this catagory?

WMD's were the #1 agent in WWII....can you say HIROSHIMA or NAGASAKI!!!! And WE pulled the trigger on that deal. So did/does that make us the first " jihadist" ??? We used WMD's to get control of another ideaology we thought was a threat to us....

Makes ya think though...well those of us who CAN think rationally and not scream at the same time.

I have a Quran here....I think I'll look up which Sura define the true meaning of " jihad"...if/when I find it I'llpost it so we all can be aware.

Now I wonder if I'll get slammed on the post for owing a Quran...but I bought @ the book here at the local Southern Baptist Book Sale...of all places!!!

Cal said:
a weapon capable of killing a lot of people

chemical
biological
nuclear
conventional

sometimes they say CBRN and I assume R is radioactive

anyway among the folks I support they study capability of getting and using such weapons, WMD

WMD came up upon the breakup of the Soviet Union when WMD proliferated from the labs and military installations of the FSU so that you've got all sorts of crazies with access to nuclear, chemical, biological weapons. And of course the Internet which the Jihadists use for instance to teach chemical weapon manufacturing, suicide bombing, etc. Their sites even have videos on them.
Thanks. The "dirty bomb" would fit into this catagory?

Yes although I think it has a limited range in terms of how many people it actually kills, but it can make a section of a major city uninhabitable and cause panic and a nightmare in cleanup.
I just wanted to make sure Disagreeable sees this, since he doesn't personally have a definition for wmd.

Latest posts