• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Fencing Projects

Help Support Ranchers.net:

leanin' H said:
gcreekrch said:
leanin' H said:
Shoot, a second grade kid hopped up on sugar could build fence better than me. :D You are just being nice cause you want chillies! :p I am building this fence per their specs. They are going with 6 foot t-posts on 16 1/2' spacing with braces made from 9 foot railroad ties on corners, 1/4 mile markers and direction changes including where a division fence attaches. This fence is mostly to keep winter range cows out, but the netwire fence is intended for the goat/sheep operation. They are putting in 2 wire dancers or stays inbetween each set of t-posts. I agree with you about using more wood posts. If it was my place i'd go 5 steel and a cedar post. On corrals i use stout cedar post or ties. As a very lazy guy, i try to build something i won't have to build again. :wink: The pay is great and so far the folks who own the place like my work and haven't run me off yet. I have made enough so far to buy a 2002- 20' used Sooner aluminum stock trailer! :D

RSL, If i come to Canada i'll have to tell ya up front that you are on the list of places to see but Gcreek has got a bunch of fence i have to build first. But if he gives me trouble, i'll head your way quick. :wink: And your payment would be about right for what i am worth! :lol:

I've got 100 10' x 10" posts and all the logs cut for the corrals at Morrison Meadow. All I need is the loss of fear or an expert contruction artisan to get started. Will use a vibrator to sink the posts, if our hoe is too small the neighbor has one on a 200 excavator that will push them in.

After that have enough posts to rebuild 2 miles of wire.

See you about the end of May, bring your own lunch. :p :lol:

Very nice job H. :tiphat:

Just waiting for the bush pilot you hired to swing by here and pick me up. :D

If that bush pilot ever shows up, you can come over this way, and I'll go help with all this fencing project. I am pretty sure you guys are gonna need a supervisor. :p

gcreekrch said:
leanin' H said:
gcreekrch said:
I've got 100 10' x 10" posts and all the logs cut for the corrals at Morrison Meadow. All I need is the loss of fear or an expert contruction artisan to get started. Will use a vibrator to sink the posts, if our hoe is too small the neighbor has one on a 200 excavator that will push them in.

After that have enough posts to rebuild 2 miles of wire.

See you about the end of May, bring your own lunch. :p :lol:

Very nice job H. :tiphat:

Just waiting for the bush pilot you hired to swing by here and pick me up. :D

That sounds like a DARE!!!! :wink:

You probably wouldn't get in the plane with Out Of Gas Crash anyway. :lol:

Bring it on lil' sister! I used to fall off bulls so a plane ride wouldn't scare me too bad. I'd make sure the tank was full of course! :D LazyWP is welcome to come too but supervision is over-rated so bring a shovel and gloves!

Latest posts