• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

few recent pictures

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Nebraska Sandhills

Reaction score
I snapped a few photos over the last several days...I really enjoy watching the calves fill out this time of year.

HPIM1210.JPG

HPIM1345-1.jpg

HPIM1357-1.jpg

HPIM1342.jpg

HPIM1205.JPG

HPIM1292.JPG

HPIM1254-2.jpg

HPIM1252-1.jpg

Nice looking calves, and a good bull that still appears to be in working order....that's something this time of year. :wink:

Nebraska Sandhills
When were those calves born? I have about 80 calves on the ground but I am discouraged about their weight gain. Most of them calved in Feb. thru March and we have been dealing with a Spring drought and only weigh about $450 lbs if I am lucky. I just got in the biz last year so I am learning alot.

These calves were born in the last half of March. I'd say 450 lbs. is a pretty good weight for late Feb-March calves--your calves must be doing ok even if you are in a drought. Hope you can pick up some rain.

Nice bunch of heifer calves. Looks like you have about as many different colors of ear tags in your calves as we do. :wink: The bull appears to have moderate frame and ample thickness. Thanks for the pictures.

Faster horses said:
What is that bull you have pictured? What is his frame score and/or height? And what is his pedigree. He looks real attractive.

The bull is a bull we purchased from Jorgensen's in South Dakota. He was a 4.5 frame at weaning, 4.8 frame at yearling, and I would guess him now at 5.5. He's pictured as a 6 yr old. He's sired by a son of the Ideal 4465 cow, and his dam is sired by N Bar Prime Time D806.

Soapweed said:
Looks like you have about as many different colors of ear tags in your calves as we do.

:) We try to designate each color to a different sire group, but either have too many bulls, or there needs to be more colors in the rainbow.

Thanks everyone for the nice comments.

Looking good- nice calves- and that old bull looks like he's packing some beef... I AIed about a dozen heifers to Prime Time D806 this spring....
What a little green grass won't do for calves.. :)

Latest posts