• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Finally some truth

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Disagreeable

Reaction score
Perhaps this is why is approval rating is going up. Apparently he's willing to admit his Administration has bungled the Iraqi war. My emphasis; link below.

"President Bush acknowledged yesterday that the multibillion-dollar reconstruction of Iraq has "been uneven" and hobbled by corruption, misplaced priorities and insurgent attacks, but maintained that "quiet, steady progress" would ultimately transform the country.

In an unusually stark assessment of the situation in Iraq, Bush described several strategic errors in managing a rebuilding effort that he said proceeded in "fits and starts." By learning from its mistakes, Bush said, the administration has reshaped its approach and he held out two key cities as models of success to be replicated across Iraq."

But it was a tough crowd. He refused to honor the traditional question and answer session after his speech. Maybe that's why there were lots of empty seats.

"Only a few hundred members showed up for the hastily organized event at a Washington hotel and empty chairs were removed from the back of the ballroom before Bush arrived. The audience interrupted Bush for applause only once during the speech and even then, many, if not most, did not clap. There was polite applause when he finished."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/12/07/AR2005120700224.html

Your title says it all, Finally some truth, .....expecting the Biased liberal media to tell US the truth is to much to ask for, so the President of the United States is forced to explain simple efforts toward progress to them, so they can then "report the truth" .....

Had they (the liberal media) and the (left wing democrats) not distorted and twisted the on the ground events in Iraq, eliminating any news of progress, the President would not have had to take time out of his busy day to set them straight...........

But for you to admit it seems out of charactor, even noting once told the truth people were swayed away from the liberals talking points and showed support of the President..........

and why is it not news worthy if the media is not on the stage isn't it thier job to report, not be the news???????

Dis, why don't you go over to Iraq yourself and get a first hand view of the success, don't trust the liberal media for anything, especially the truth!

Steve said:
Your title says it all, Finally some truth, .....expecting the Biased liberal media to tell US the truth is to much to ask for, so the President of the United States is forced to explain simple efforts toward progress to them, so they can then "report the truth" .....

Had they (the liberal media) and the (left wing democrats) not distorted and twisted the on the ground events in Iraq, eliminating any news of progress, the President would not have had to take time out of his busy day to set them straight...........

But for you to admit it seems out of charactor, even noting once told the truth people were swayed away from the liberals talking points and showed support of the President..........

and why is it not news worthy if the media is not on the stage isn't it thier job to report, not be the news???????

Steve, what rock have you been living under? Bush is finally admitting that things aren't going well in Iraq. Mistakes have been made, he said. :shock: That's what the "liberal" media has been reporting for months. You can continue to rant about the media, but Bush is finally starting to come clean with the truth, a truth that has been reported in the media for months.

jigs said:
Dis, why don't you go over to Iraq yourself and get a first hand view of the success, don't trust the liberal media for anything, especially the truth!

The media has been saying for months things were not going well in Iraq. Bush is finally admitting it, too. So who's been telling the truth, the media or the President?

if my ass was on fire, and it was reported on CNN, I would still wait until I smelled smoke before calling the fire dept.

jigs said:
if my ass was on fire, and it was reported on CNN, I would still wait until I smelled smoke before calling the fire dept.
Jigs, if your ass is on fire, it had better be on Fox News or I'll never know about it.

jigs said:

But that wouldn't make it less on fire. The truth is that the media has been reporting for months that the Iraqi war was not going well while Bush has been painting a rosy picture of success. Well, he's finally admitting that the media is right. So go ahead and stand there with egg on your face and bash the media, but Bush is the one who's been feeding you a line of BS.

Latest posts