• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

financial benefit of selling Canadian cattle in USA

Help Support Ranchers.net:

jigs

Reaction score
I am curious, with the Dollar being worth more in the USA than Canadian Dollar, what percent do you guys figure to gain by raising cattle on the "cheap" dollar, then selling on the "high" dollar.........

one guy told me there was a 25% boost by selling here as opposed to selling in Canada.

not nit picking or trying to raise a feather, just curious if it that big of an advantage....

if it were, I assume the big packers would be feeding critters up north, not Texas.

jigs said:
I am curious, with the Dollar being worth more in the USA than Canadian Dollar, what percent do you guys figure to gain by raising cattle on the "cheap" dollar, then selling on the "high" dollar.........

one guy told me there was a 25% boost by selling here as opposed to selling in Canada.

not nit picking or trying to raise a feather, just curious if it that big of an advantage....

if it were, I assume the big packers would be feeding critters up north, not Texas.

Whoever told you that does not have a clue. If the margin were that high I would be arbitraging cattle by the thousands a day.

Latest posts