• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Fire Wood

Help Support Ranchers.net:

the_jersey_lilly_2000 said:
HayMaker,
Ya better git yer smokehouse all primed and ready to go......
We are gonna hafta do the same, daughter got her hunter safety course under her belt last spring thru the FFA/Ag class and has informed us "she's gonna kill a deer" this season. All 85 lbs of her, I have no idea what we are gonna do to keep her from gittin knocked down by the "kick" when she shoots.

what kinda gun is the little lady shooting? there is probably not a better way to discourage a young hunter than to shoot a gun that is too big.............good luck

the_jersey_lilly_2000 said:
HayMaker,
Ya better git yer smokehouse all primed and ready to go......
We are gonna hafta do the same, daughter got her hunter safety course under her belt last spring thru the FFA/Ag class and has informed us "she's gonna kill a deer" this season. All 85 lbs of her, I have no idea what we are gonna do to keep her from gittin knocked down by the "kick" when she shoots.

Nothing! She'll do exactly what I did when I shot the first time. Fall on my a**!

LOL well hopefully not, she's done some shootin, and so far so good. But she hasn't ever shot at a live target. I'm sure the nerves will kick in wantin to make that "perfect shot"
As you can tell , I"m kinda excited for her. Her Ag teacher is too, she's the only student in all his classes that has shown interest in actually puttin to use the stuff he's teachin them. I dont know if it's because the other parents dont take the time, or don't have a place to take their kids.....just wish more of em would get involved in things other than what's done in a classroom setting. Out of 30 some odd kids, there's only 2 or 3 that are raising animals and workin on individual projects to show at the fair. I dont think they realize how true the saying is, "idle hands are the devils workshop" get these kids involved and busy and they won't find as many things to do that get em in trouble. Plus it teaches responsibility and good work ethics, and just down to earth values.

The Biggest damm dead fir tree i can find, its gota still be standin and be big enuff thru the butt i caint reach wif 24'' bar on one side. the best part is watchin it fall... the big crash and 3 inocent bystander trees, and small animals running for cover is the best part~! then block it up haul it home, then give the wet back something to do in his "off" time spittin it up.

P.S. be sure ya dont park the pickup in the path of fallin tree...... dont ask :?

A few years back we stopped to visit an older gentleman- very bright but emotionaly unstable-somewhat of a recluse.......anyways he burnt railroad ties to heat his shack :!: We didn't go in but some said his house had a solid coating of creosote on everything.....makes sense cause he was coated almost black too :!:

Latest posts