• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

First generation

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Firstgen06

Reaction score
You would need to be careful, I mean REALLY careful. In line breeding the bad traits can be magnified. Larry Leonhardt did this, bred a son to his mother, I think he called that bull Echo. But he REALLY understood Angus genetics, probably better than anyone, so it was successful for him. I wouldn't try it, but good luck if you do.
I'll do some more research on it and compare mt options thanks

Firstgen06

Reaction score
You would need to be careful, I mean REALLY careful. In line breeding the bad traits can be magnified. Larry Leonhardt did this, bred a son to his mother, I think he called that bull Echo. But he REALLY understood Angus genetics, probably better than anyone, so it was successful for him. I wouldn't try it, but good luck if you do.
i think leasing land will do for now

Last edited:

Richardd

Reaction score
Breeding father to daughter or son to mother or brother to sister, if it turns our good it is called line breeding, if it turns out bad it is in breeding.

Firstgen06

Reaction score
Well we completed step one of owning a ranch today I bought a tractor
YX3gS3YIX0WhgC7GCuFmrCl2rBRSujZKZ56fOcwCtKII1KcI5fGLolDdWO6fWI4uceDYv7FLJwhUUcXJGDrRQUkhS2wgwVuTJdWLmq-B6lkhWtqafZUKCynsbrUHheIMVGHvYf3b

Latest posts