• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

First Lady spends $10m in public money on her vacations

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Soapweed

Reaction score
Expensive massages, top shelf vodka and five-star hotels: First Lady accused of spending $10m in public money on her vacations

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2029615/Michelle-Obama-accused-spending-10m-public-money-vacations.html#ixzz1WlkcEIve

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2029615/Michelle-Obama-accused-spending-10m-public-money-vacations.html

Didn't someone complain about Sarah's bus????Wasn't that $14000 or so???

Didn't kolo=jingo=lulu=allie complain about Sarah's wardrobe at a few hundred though????

Why are they in hiding about this?????
Oh never mind they are liberals so every thing that the obabas do is hunky dory

EH :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

hopalong said:

Didn't kolo=jingo=lulu=allie complain about Sarah's wardrobe at a few hundred though????

Sarah's bus is so ... so yesterday,... she has been totally upstaged by obama's pair of million dollar Canadian buses..

How can a set of $14,000 graphics compare to the top dollar Canadian buses?

Do not see any outrage from our resident libbies about the buses either

EHHHH

Steve said:
hopalong said:

Sarah's bus is so ... so yesterday,... she has been totally upstaged by obama's pair of million dollar Canadian buses..

How can a set of $14,000 graphics compare to the top dollar Canadian buses?

ret Service Deflates Right-Wing Media's Attack On Obama Over Canadian-Built Buses

August 22, 2011 10:19 am ET by Terry Krepel

When it was reported that a Canadian company built the shells of the buses commissioned by the Secret Service and inaugurated on President Obama's bus tour of the Midwest, the right-wing media saw an opening to attack the president.

Fox News and Fox Nation eagerly repeated the story, as did The Blaze. NewsBusters asked if Obama was "saving or creating manufacturing jobs... in Canada." National Review Online snarked, "Well, maybe Canada is one of his 57 states?" Hot Air's Ed Morrissey declared that "buying two buses from a Canadian company while promising to create jobs in the US is the worst kind of optics imaginable." Rush Limbaugh and Donald Trump joined in the attack.

Missing from all of this Obama-bashing: any curiosity about why the Secret Service would use Canadian-built bus shells for the two vehicles it purchased, which were bought and outfitted to Secret Service specifications by an American company. (One of the buses will be provided to the Republican presidential nominee for campaigning during the 2012 election.)

The Los Angeles Times reported that the buses have "been in the works for years" and that:

When the Secret Service decided to order custom-made buses, it wanted a particular model only available from Quebec-based manufacturer Prevost, said Ed Donovan, a spokesman for the agency.

"The vehicle had to support the weight of security and communication equipment that we had," Donovan said in an interview. "Our understanding was that that was the only model that could do it."

The Times also noted that President Bush rode on a bus from the same Canadian company for a 2004 campaign tour.

So it appears the Secret Service had a good reason for going with a Canadian-built bus, and that Obama is not the first president to have used buses from the same company. Just don't expect to hear about that from the right-wing media.

Just wonder if the Secret Service had a bus in 2004 for a campaign tour for Bush what happen to it? :? And if they had one was it really necessary to buy two more million dollar buses for Obama when the US is sitting on the verge of bankrupcy? If the Congress wants to cut the deficit I think they should charge the political parties for the vehicles/planes used on the campaign trail. If the President is not one OFFICIAL GOVERNMENT BUSINESS then the DNC/GOP or the President himself should be charges for the cost to cover the flights he is taking for campaign or family vacations. If the First Lady thinks she needs to fly on a seperate plane and have a seperate motorcade then let her pay for that.

darn facts...

Previously, the Secret Service said, it leased buses

so the fact is Bush didn't buy two 1.2 million dollar Canada buses, he rode in a leased Canadian bus for a week..

hell of a difference .. I leased a toyota once.. but I have always owned US built vehicles.. huge difference..

as President.. either way.. it is still wrong..

I did like this quote from the links..

Do we really want to get into the realm of defending Obama by saying he was just doing what Bush did?

for as much it was wrong when Bush did it, this guy didn't just lease a bus for a week, Obama bought two Canadian buses for two weeks..

since Bush spent like a drunken sailor.. Obama has been on a binge the 7th fleet couldn't match.. :roll:

hypocritexposer said:
What happened to the new caddie, did he mile it out already.....

:)

isn't it still stuck in the gate of some embassy over in Europe?

I am sure Obama called AAA, but we all know how long they take to show up.. :?
The-Beast-stuck.jpg

Steve said:
darn facts...

so the fact is Bush didn't buy two 1.2 million dollar Canada buses, he rode in a leased Canadian bus for a week..

hell of a difference .. I leased a toyota once.. but I have always owned US built vehicles.. huge difference..

Do we really want to get into the realm of defending Obama by saying he was just doing what Bush did?

for as much it was wrong when Bush did it, this guy didn't just lease a bus for a week, Obama bought two $ million dollar Canadian buses for three days.

since Bush spent like a drunken sailor.. Obama has been on a binge the 7th fleet couldn't match.. :roll:

The bus tour, which included the states of Minnesota and Iowa that Obama won in 2008, has had a distinctive campaign appearance though the White House has described the three-day event

oh well
when Palin becomes President she can sell the two buses..

Steve said:
The bus tour, which included the states of Minnesota and Iowa that Obama won in 2008, has had a distinctive campaign appearance though the White House has described the three-day event

oh well

obama's going on tour again, starting Friday. He's going out to sell his "detailed" jobs plan.

:?

hypocritexposer said:
Steve said:

oh well

obama's going on tour again, starting Friday. He's going out to sell his "detailed" jobs plan.

:?

is he going to the same states and will he need 2 more new buses for this outing? or will the used Canadian buses be ok?

Steve said:
Steve said:
darn facts...

for as much it was wrong when Bush did it, this guy didn't just lease a bus for a week, Obama bought two $ million dollar Canadian buses for three days.

Angeles City and Olongapo, on their very best (or worst, depending on how you look at it) day, NEVER saw the kind of spending that this administration is up to!

Steve said:

oh well

Maybe she'll get the other lady to be her vice president (what's her name? Bachmann) and just keep the buses after all gas will just be $2 a gallon, so diesel should be a reasonable price. :)

Didn't Obama promise us lower fuel costs?????

OPPPS I forgot that he made lots of promises he hasn't kept

Latest posts