• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

First Outs!!!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Northern Rancher said:
An even 100 I'll tell lol-the mother is a purebred cow though-just guess her breed it's easy-here's a hint-Shaunavon lol.
Okay, NR - I've done the research and the only thing that I can deduce is that the bull is:
1) A cross-bred F1 or possibly F+?
2) He has horns (NO Angus in immediate Pedigree)
3) His Dam is purebred
4) He probably did very well in the Shaunavon Rodeo July 18 & 19, 2005
5) # 4 (above) told me nothing about his ancestry
6) Reference Page 4, Post #13 - this Forum

DOC HARRIS

Doc he never bucked at Shaunavon but if you've ever driven into Shaunavon from the north that hint told you everything about his ancestory-juast guess what his mamma was I'm not sure myself about his Daddy. His mamma was my friends wife's pet cow and we bred her to a bucker for a joke. All this knowledge here and nobody can guess his mother's breed . I CAN'T BELIEVE IT LOL.

Name of the people at Shaunavon??? Just so happens I know people there!Not that I would cheat or anything low and deceptive like that :twisted:

Northern Rancher said:
Doc he never bucked at Shaunavon but if you've ever driven into Shaunavon from the north that hint told you everything about his ancestory-juast guess what his mamma was I'm not sure myself about his Daddy. His mamma was my friends wife's pet cow and we bred her to a bucker for a joke. All this knowledge here and nobody can guess his mother's breed . I CAN'T BELIEVE IT LOL.
OKAY, NR, I have it now! The "Hint from the North" did it! I have never been to Shaunavon, but I would presume that it is a large enough community to require a Dairy herd for the availability of milk products. Therefore, inasmuch as MOST dairy cows in the Western Hemisphere are Holsteins, and the 'assumed' Dairy North of Shaunavon is probably comprised of Holsteins, and inasmuch as your friend's wife's pet cow was probably a spin-off from the dairy - - - -My guess is- - - -our bull's dam is- - - -(trumpet sounds ) :shock: - - - -HOLSTEIN :eek: :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll: Now - about his Sire! - - - You are not sure??? :eek: :shock: But - because he exhibits some indications of bos indicus, and because he has horns, slight sheath and more-or-less Braham-type sloping rump - - he is - - IMO - - (trumpets again) "Woodpile" by "Aintgotaclue". :? :???:

DOC HARRIS

Ok I went back and done some research on somethin i remembered Northern Rancher sayin....

Mama's a Braunveih
Daddy's a Red Brangus

:???:

or if your Brangus Roughstock is the mama
then I'd say the daddy's a Long horn.

Northern Ranchers said.
quote: Jersey Lily you A'I' those braunvieh cows to a red brangus with some buck in him and get ready to have some money to spend. As for Herefords and Brangus-I A"I'ed one of our Brangus roughstock heifers that way-I'm sure if her calf doesn't buck it will make a good range cow

Latest posts