• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Fiscal responsibility?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Disagreeable

Reaction score
The Republican Party has given up their claim to that title. Those "Conservative" Republicans have spent and spent and spent. Excerpts; link below.

"The comptroller general of the United States is explaining over eggs how the nation's finances are going to hell.

"We face a demographic tsunami" that "will never recede," David Walker tells a group of reporters. He runs through a long list of fiscal challenges, led by the imminent retirement of the baby boomers, whose promised Medicare and Social Security benefits will swamp the federal budget in coming decades."

"Without major spending cuts, tax increases or both, the national debt will grow more than $3 trillion through 2010, to $11.2 trillion - nearly $38,000 for every man, woman and child. The interest alone would cost $561 billion in 2010, the same as the Pentagon."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/usatoday/afiscalhurricaneonthehorizon;_ylt=Ap7cfF3_3A6j_kaom6tI3pmMwfIE;_ylu=X3oDMTA3OXIzMDMzBHNlYwM3MDM-

Disagreeable said:
The Republican Party has given up their claim to that title. Those "Conservative" Republicans have spent and spent and spent.
:shock: Oh, crap! I agreed with it! I agreed with it! I agreed with it! Shucks! You got me there. :(

One thing I sure can't tolerate about GWB is his habit of throwing money at everything. And the Republicans in Congress feeling like they have a blank check because of it. The only thing worse would have been having Dems guarding the henhouses.

But, since I agreed with you, the shame is almost more than I can bear. Please excuse me while I go finish puking. Just don't get too complacent, though. I'll be back when I clean up my keyboard.....

Ironically if the Republicans wanted to maintain thier leadership, it could be done with three easy steps..

1. Stand thier ground on Iraq...

2.Stop spending (more) money on liberal social programs and cut the pork out of the budget...

3. Solve the illigal immigrant problem.

as long as they keep listening to Democrats they will not be elected.........

Steve said:
Ironically if the Republicans wanted to maintain thier leadership, it could be done with three easy steps..

1. Stand thier ground on Iraq...

2.Stop spending (more) money on liberal social programs and cut the pork out of the budget...

3. Solve the illigal immigrant problem.

as long as they keep listening to Democrats they will not be elected.........

But Steve I thought the Republicans had a Majority in Congress, why do they HAVE to listen to the Dems.

I'm actually pretty unnerved by this overspending as well - unlike Iraq, it's actually made me question Bush's rationality. Man, Disagreeable has got to hate this thread...

But Steve I thought the Republicans had a Majority in Congress, why do they HAVE to listen to the Dems.

And I'm not sure why they are, I did state as long as they keep listening to Democrats they will not be elected.........,

seems many "believed the media" and the hype when they claimed every thing was alright, sit back we are going to take care of you,,,in fact we have a "surplus,,,,,,,,

first is the understanding of the word projected........it means if the thing goes the way we looked at it then it should look like this when it gets to the future....educated guess at best or at worse biased reporting......
http://www.taxpayer.net/TCS/wastebasket/budget/

The MAGICAL Budget Surplus
http://www.taxpayer.net/TCS/wastebasket/budget/w7-29-99.htm

but it proved not a scary as the sequal;;;;
"The Congressional Budget Office last month reduced surplus estimates from $275 billion to $200 billion. Senate Majority Leader Tom Daschle (D-SD) and Senate Budget Committee Chairman Kent Conrad (D-ND), claim that reduced revenues from the economic slowdown and the enactment of the president's tax cut will reduce budget surpluses and force Congress to dip into the Medicare and Social Security funds",,,"Other spending in Congress may also stymie President Bush's call to reduce government spending.""",,,
http://www.taxpayer.net/TCS/wastebasket/budget/7-3-01surplus.htm

once that is accepted that there was a "surplus" then it is easy to Blame every thing else on the President. it is easy to forget that the economy tanked as Clinton was leaving office, it is easy to forget that the terrorists flew planes into the world trade center and Pentagon. and it is even easier to forget that every politician elected is not sticking his, or her hand in the pot to line thier own portfolio,

I would like to have seen the President veto every one of the pork progects but the line item veto, was overturned, by............

Latest posts