• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Food Stamp Friday

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Mike

Reaction score
MONTGOMERY — A nightclub just half a mile away from the state Department of Human Resources in Alabama's capital city has come up with a unique theme night involving food support for needy families.

The Rose Supper Club in Montgomery, Ala. will start "Food Stamp Friday" theme nights in April. Manager Harman Wilson says the night is meant to complement the club's other theme nights, such as Fat Tuesday, Karaoke Wednesday or Thirsty Thursday.

Wilson says patrons will not be able to use their food stamps to purchase alcoholic beverages. He says he hopes the novel approach will draw people to the club.

Human Resources Department spokesman Barry Sparks says the department does not approve of the promotion. He says food assistance benefits are meant to provide nourishment for hungry families.

Here's an idea of what it's like there:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mZxFFWRSaA

Well, they are talking about approving food stamps in fast food restaurants so that homeless people can eat. I'm sure it will probably be in the new farm bill because the SNAP program is part of it. AND for all I know it may already be changed as it was last fall when I heard about it.

Good grief.... forget what I said..... I don't know how anyone can understand what he's saying on the microphone... I definitely cannot and maybe that's a good thing!

MoGal said:
Well, they are talking about approving food stamps in fast food restaurants so that homeless people can eat. I'm sure it will probably be in the new farm bill because the SNAP program is part of it. AND for all I know it may already be changed as it was last fall when I heard about it.

Good grief.... forget what I said..... I don't know how anyone can understand what he's saying on the microphone... I definitely cannot and maybe that's a good thing!

You'd think being the health nut that Michelle is, that she would advocate for EBT cards only bing used for groceries, eh?

Food stamps is such a gimmick anyway. Every foster child I've had is hooked on sweets and junk food. They think they should never drink a glass of water..... ever. If you can microwave it, they like it. All processed food ........... I've even had a boy tell me my beef stew was roadkill..... and all it was made of was beef roast, carrots, potatoes, green beans and corn (generic vegetables, nothing exotic). They're not used to homecooked meals and I've had many tell me I don't like that and then after they try it, they like it and come to find out they've never had it before.

If it was up to me, ALL soda, chips, and processed food would not be allowed to be purchased with food stamps. Also the adult applicant on the food stamp would have to watch a film showing them how to clean fresh vegetables/fruit and how to prepare meat in the crockpot or oven, creative ways to make hamburger dishes, etc...... these young people don't know how to cook and they don't want to learn either.

Latest posts