• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

For Soapweed!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Ranch Mom

Reaction score
I didn't realize Tomcat had his eyes shut and tongue out lol, I went back to look for a better pic and musta deleted all the cute ones of him and Duke trottin all over. :oops:
tomcat.jpg
[/img]

Here is a pic of me workin with one of the mother ponies this summer.
july31049.jpg

Times must be tough down there having to ride such a little horse. :wink: :lol: :lol:

Maybe when you grow up you'll get a real one. :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good to see ol' Tom Cat in action. He will turn 29 years old sometime this spring. In all likelihood he will go down as the best horse I ever owned (unless a better one turns up fairly soon). :wink: He had just enough Percheron in him that he was tough, gentle, very cowy, and a pleasure to be around. It does my heart good to know he went to a wonderful home in his waning years, and fulfilled a useful function in being a good kid horse for young riders. Thanks for the photo.

Here are some assorted scanned photos of Tom Cat back in his younger days:

TCLeander.jpg

Tom Cat on Leander Creek
TCeve.jpg

Photo taken later in the day
TomcatSteveTiffWill.jpg

Tom Cat, Sunflower, Soapweed, and Sparky
TCinparade.jpg

Homecoming parade at Cody, Nebraska. The Cody Cowboys played the Arthur Wolves that day.
TomcatTiffany.jpg

Tom Cat with Sunflower on board
Tomcat-calfonrope.jpg

Dragging a calf
Tomcat-vertical.jpg

Going after another one
TomcatSteveWill.jpg

Soapweed and the Kosmo Kid on Tom Cat

Odd, aint it, how the ponies fall off as they age & we just pack 'er on? My hair just keeps getting lighter too, just like his (what there is of it). He was a the kind to throw your hull on, all right. Big horse to be as athletic as he must of been.

Well, I have to say, this must just be a bad pic of Tom Cat. He doesn't look bad, (or maybe we just love him and don't see it) and a friend of mine thought it looked like a pony in this pic, but he certainly is no small horse lol. I will get a better one soon and post it.

Love the pics, Soapweed. Hard to believe he was so dark!

Got a chance to ride the sorrel Saturday to move some cattle a couple three miles. He was really nice. I will be riding him again a couple nights this week and hopefully turn him over for Brush to ride for the weekend of brandings. He is VERY excited about him. Do you think he's ever been roped off of? Like branding/pasture style? Thanks!

BMR aren't you funny! :lol:

Faster Horses, glad that kid looks like his dad, that way he can be cute :)

Shortgrass, I'm having that same problem of packin it on lol :mad:

What a grand-looking horse ole Tom Cat was! Those great ones are
so hard to replace. What is that old saying?

It goes something like
"If a man gets one good horse, one good dog and one good wife
in this life he's done well." I don't know about the dog, Soap, but
looks like you sure got 2 out of 3!!!

Who gave him the Basquo Bob tail job in that one picture? :p :wink: :D :D :D :D

Ranch Mom said:
Well, I have to say, this must just be a bad pic of Tom Cat. He doesn't look bad, (or maybe we just love him and don't see it) and a friend of mine thought it looked like a pony in this pic, but he certainly is no small horse lol. I will get a better one soon and post it.

Love the pics, Soapweed. Hard to believe he was so dark!

Got a chance to ride the sorrel Saturday to move some cattle a couple three miles. He was really nice. I will be riding him again a couple nights this week and hopefully turn him over for Brush to ride for the weekend of brandings. He is VERY excited about him. Do you think he's ever been roped off of? Like branding/pasture style? Thanks!

The horse has drug some calves to a branding fire, but has never been roped on out in the pasture. He would undoubtedly take right to it though if given the chance.,

Faster horses said:
What a grand-looking horse ole Tom Cat was! Those great ones are
so hard to replace. What is that old saying?

It goes something like
"If a man gets one good horse, one good dog and one good wife
in this life he's done well." I don't know about the dog, Soap, but
looks like you sure got 2 out of 3!!!

I would sure agree. :)

Faster horses said:
Who gave him the Basquo Bob tail job in that one picture? :p :wink: :D :D :D :D

The tail may have been a tad too long, but it was the wind that gave it that "Basquo Bob" appearance. Look real close. :wink:

Latest posts