• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Forage Raised Red Angus Bulls

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Battle T said:
Personally I would want 100lb more weight on them, as most people here put 25 or 30 cows with a two yrold. They would be pretty wore down by the end of the season. I am a bit more concerned with the shallow rib and high tailheads that several of them have. My question is how you expect to make any money off them at 2500$. Your customers are culling mature bulls and getting more than that in some cases. 800$ over fat price is not much payback for all the work, risk and expense involved.

Some people don't get the Luxary of starting at the top.You can price them high here and then you can cut them later. From what I see in the bull business it's easy to get good prices once you've paid your dues alot of these seedstock outfits are 2nd and 3rd generation the dues were paid years ago by someone else leaveing the younger generation's thinking they are pretty smart. I figure if I average $2000 on my yearlings this spring I'll be happy happy happy.Should'nt cost more than a $150 to raise a bull vs. a Fat steer.

Latest posts