• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Forced to join NCBA?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Bill

Reaction score
Taken from the Haymaker and Oldtimer show at Cattletoday.

Oldtimer wrote:
NCBA is behind it because they plan to be the private group to run the database- which is plumb wrong...Political Action Groups like NCBA which openly donate to and support individual Presidential and Congressional Candidates and takes party lines should not be rewarded by getting government mandated contracts-- this stinks to high heaven....

HAY MAKER wrote:
old timer ,dont be surprised if the ncba pulls this off,they could very easy be reduced to a data gathering org.what else could they do ?the way they are losing members. I had lunch with one of the original plaintiffs in the pickett case yesterday and he tells me they lost 1000 members in the last few months....................good luck

Oldtimer wrote:
That maybe what they are heading for Haymaker- my fear is that they will get away with making you join NCBA in order to input data and market your cattle- a government mandated membership...Which is something they have a past history of- NCBA member feedlots and buyers requiring you to join in order to sell them your cattle or feed them in their feedlot- take the dues right out of your check.....

On the other hand I see where R-CALF picked up 1900+ memberships in the month of March alone- over 3350 this spring alone- with more memberships showing up in your part of the country- Texas, Ok, Ne.......

NCBA'S Hurricane Katrina Relief Efforts

Mississippi and Louisiana were particularly hard-hit by Hurricane Katrina and NCBA has been working with the Mississippi Cattlemen's Association and Louisiana Cattlemen's Association to coordinate relief efforts. Their needs are broken into supplies, housing, money and food. The following is a description of needed supplies. The support received for this effort already is greatly appreciated. As cattlemen, we have always lent a helping hand to one another in a time of crisis; please continue to do so now if you are able. If you wish to donate materials or have leads we can pursue, please contact Courtney Pollock or John Braly. In addition delivery efforts can be coordinated through us as well. Our contact information is below:

John Braly: 303-850-3396, cell 720-987-4784, or [email protected]
Courtney Pollock: 303-850-3393, cell 970-260-0202, or [email protected]

Supplies
Fencing - Poly wire, solar fence chargers, barbed wire, t-posts, clips, chain saws, staples, gates, insulators and nails
Building - Lumber, roof tin, concrete, electrical wiring, 50-100 Kw generators, fuel, meter bases
Other - feed, hay, water troughs, large stock tanks

In addition, we will compile a list of those willing to assist with rebuilding fence, gathering cattle and donating trucking.

Money
Contributions to the relief effort can be sent to the National Cattlemen's Foundation, Disaster Relief Fund, 9110 East Nichols Ave., Suite 300, Centennial, CO 80112 or call 303-694-0305.

In addition, the Louisiana Cattlemen's Foundation is accepting donations to help in their food relief efforts. The monies will be used to purchase and supply food to the evacuees. Louisiana Cattlemen's Foundation, 4921 Interstate 10 Frontage Road, Port Allen, LA 70767, 225-343-3491.

Housing
We have offers of housing from Florida and California. Should anyone be interested, we will coordinate the needs with the available housing.

NCBA is diligently working with our industry partners to meet the needs of cattlemen affected by this hurricane. NCBA members are proud to be a part of and serve this industry at all times, especially when our help is most needed in times of crisis. Thank you for your generosity, your fellow cattlemen in the damaged areas truly appreciate your sacrifice and help to ease their struggle to rebuild what Hurricane Katrina destroyed. Please contact NCBA with any questions using the contact information above.

Looks like NCBA is more than a Political Action Group, or reduced to a data gathering org. with a government mandated membership.

This is good news Bill,I have been flooded,lots of fencing down,cattle washed down stream,scattered in three counties.I hope the ncba follows through,I know there are lots of cattle men in that country that could sure use the help,maybe this time they will keep their word and back the cattle man................good luck PS I just keep thinking about their 11 point directitive.

Latest posts