• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Ford Explorer carbon monoxide issue

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Traveler

Reaction score
Someone from our outfit recently got rid of '15 Explorer with only 44,000 miles on it. The passenger compartment really got dusty on (of course) dusty roads, and on trips sometimes they would actually "not feel good". It turns out there are many police departments and individuals having carbon monoxide issues with their explorers. Learned today Ford is doing a limited recall. You'd be doing a favor to pass this along to anyone you know who may be affected. I've heard that some have needed new exhaust manifolds, but the recall has no mention of that.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-ford-motor-emissions/ford-offers-repairs-to-prevent-exhaust-leaks-in-1-4-million-explorers-idUSKBN1CI2N3

Sure is a nuisance to have serious problems with a quality vehicle! Both for customers AND for the company, I'm sure.

We had several Explorers over the years and they served us well but we wanted a better ride as age and ranch life took their toll on our bones. A grand daughter had a used one as her first car and still is driving it ten years later. She lives in a city in a slightly warmer climate and loves it, sad only that it is showing age and will need repairs or replacement before too long.

mrj

The ranch one got traded for an '18 AWD GMC Acadia. I haven't ridden in it, but it's very well liked.

Luckly our Dept only has one - - - it is used to move prisoners from the jail to the courthouse ( about 3 blocks ) so we have not had a problem but in the interest of safety I cannot take it on long transfers - - - thats alright I like the full sized chevy van better for transports any way!

Faster horses said:
So what did you get for a better ride, mrj? We have a Yukon Denali and love it.

Lincoln Navigator. Love it except for poor fuel economy. Have had it four years and plan to keep it a while longer. Besides our regular travel, we use it to haul stuff and people around pastures, too. Two of our cattle work set ups are a few miles from home. Not a real frequent use, but it doesn't get 'babied' when needed for ranch work.

mrj

Our 2017 Denali is getting 19.6 average mpg. That's the best of any GM we have had. Even though it is a V-8, it has an 8 speed transmission and they are giving that credit for the better fuel mileage.

I heard the 2018 Navigators have a 10-speed transmission!

Faster horses said:
Our 2017 Denali is getting 19.6 average mpg. That's the best of any GM we have had. Even though it is a V-8, it has an 8 speed transmission and they are giving that credit for the better fuel mileage.

I heard the 2018 Navigators have a 10-speed transmission!

I don't even want to THINK about another one, yet! I'm just getting figured out how to operate some of the bells and whistles on this '04 model. It still floats us down the road, and doesn't have bad wind whistles, so I'm voting to keep it a while.

mrj

https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2019-ford-explorer-owners-say-suvs-making-them-sick/

Latest posts