• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Foriegn Aid.

Help Support Ranchers.net:

andybob

Reaction score
All considered, (the financial problems of our govrnments, the misuse of aid money and medicines/food, and the fact that "emerging countries" rarely support us in UN votes etc) is it not time we stopped all but emergency aid, and began a policy of "Charity begins at home?" after all we have more than enough legitimate causes in our own communities.

It is troubling that much aid gets siphoned off to corrupt dictators and not help the people that really need help. Maybe we need to go back to teaching how to fish rather then giving a fish.
I feel that many that need help are victims them selves.

I believe we need to be an isolationist country. produce our own, feed our own, take care of our own, protect our borders, and piss on the rest of the world.

To be literal Big Muddy, here is a typical example of the waste of money and resources by the UN, who waste billions of our money every year on ill concieved projects;
http://www.spc.int/DigitalLibrary/Doc/FAME/Meetings/RTMF/23/IP7.pdf

Small charities such as the International Centre For Holistic management have very successfull small, minimal funded projects, and the Nigerian Kwara project run by ex Zimbabwean commercial farmers is another example of those that know the conditions "on the ground" being successful at no cost to the taxpayer.

andybob said:
To be literal Big Muddy, here is a typical example of the waste of money and resources by the UN, who waste billions of our money every year on ill concieved projects;
http://www.spc.int/DigitalLibrary/Doc/FAME/Meetings/RTMF/23/IP7.pdf

Small charities such as the International Centre For Holistic management have very successfull small, minimal funded projects, and the Nigerian Kwara project run by ex Zimbabwean commercial farmers is another example of those that know the conditions "on the ground" being successful at no cost to the taxpayer.

Many of these "organizations" are "make work projects". I don't have a problem with them, IF, they are not receiving taxpayer dollars to pay their wages/salaries and donations.

In Canada, we really have to take a look at the tax credits we give for "charitable donations"

You want to collect money from people, and then pay your staff and give it away, FINE, but I shouldn't have to be forced to give, through taxation.

Sorry its the logic in me .....how can we give away money when we are borrowing from other countries to take care of our debit?
We are BROKE sorry we can not help out ...
I still dont get how we can "borrow" from China when they still OWE us from WW2 oh well this is what I get for thinking while it is so hot out.
Back to my games and thinking about going to a BBQ

Latest posts