• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Found a place, now how to afford it.

Help Support Ranchers.net:

MillIron

Reaction score
It has been a long time since I stopped in here. Last time it was pretty helpful, so hopefully it will be again.

It's likely been well over a year since I last posted. Since that time I've been working on building up my heard, paying down debt, and expanding the lease ground I've been operating on. All the ground I'm using is leased.

I found a place within reasonable distance of the place my day job is located. It's a good sized place, that would allow me to expand, and hopefully be well set up so that either one of my kids, if they want to pursue this too, could step in and make it.

The problem is that I can't come close to the price. It's a bit overpriced, but they'd probably come down to local market price, which will still be too high for me.

Any suggestions? I'll entertain any thought on how to try to swing this purchase, as the ground would work out so well.

PureCountry said:
First thing I'd say is talk to the current owner, if they're approachable. Sometimes a cup of coffee and conversation can go a long way in negotiating a price.

Excellent idea, thanks.

Latest posts