• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Foundation mare

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Heel Fly

Reaction score
I just got this gray mare in a trade for ridding some colts. Man is she bred. Her sire is ReninaxRey de PeppyxMr San Peppy(top side) The dam side of Renina goes to Peppy and Bill Cody. This mares dam is Twista Skippa who goes to Lightining Bar, Hard Twist and King. She is in foal to Pepsoil Himself x Mr Oil Drop( sire-VIPs Peppy-dam-Montion Croton whos sire was Croton Oil)Dam is Irish LucyxVIPs PeppyxPeppy. Now I'm not a bloodline freak but dang. Most of the time those high bred things either lack brains or conformation, or both. But this little mare is smart and although not perfect pretty close. I will post pictures when I get about 300 pounds off of her. They"love" their horses. She is very fat, so give us 3 months and I'll post some!!!

Croton Oil is Leo breeding, and that is one of the very best bloodlines you
can get. I realize it is a ways back there on the colt, but that's okay.
The mare really is foundation bred. Should be a nice colt, too.

Good for you, Heelfly. Bet you'll make a nice horse out of her.

We partnered with a friend of ours and bought a Firewater Flit gelding last March. The horse is a direct son of Firewater Flit. He has the horse in Texas and he's really coming on. He's a buckskin and Firewater Flit is dead, so hopefully we made a good investment. He's getting lots of inquiries about him.

Just gotta make sure he gets the right home. (We don't SELL horses, we PLACE them.) :wink:

There is a Firewater Flit stud for sale in Canada. Hasn't had the best treatment, they aren't horse people, I'll have to get his breeding for sure.
Leo is the sires dam's grandsire so that would make him the paternal oh heck that hurt trying to put that in to words!!! This studs great greatgrandsire on the maternal side of the top of his papers. How do you say that anyway??

Heel-Fly,

The Rey de Peppy horses are tough to beat. You will find them suitable for any job. Did that horse come out of Eastern Wyo. by chance?

When I got her they said that she had never, to their knowledge, been halter broke, but she is . She is just one great buffaloer!!! I have no plans of riding her, I want to get some colt's out of her .

We do well more like my mother raises them and I enjoy them. I like qh heck I even like ahabs, a good horse is a good horse!!

Heel Fly said:
We do well more like my mother raises them and I enjoy them. I like qh heck I even like ahabs, a good horse is a good horse!!

You said alot there (A good horse is a Good Horse)

I had a rat tailed app mare when I was a kid she was a Granddaughter of Man'O War she could really run and was alot of fun but she rewrote the book on UGLY.

Latest posts