• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

FOUR TIMES!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Acevet can also be given orally as it comes in tablets too .

It is also one of the tranqs out there that even a dummy can use without killing an animal . 8)

tumbleweed_texn, I sure do hope you are 'talking texan' when you say you use pharmaceuticals off label!

Even saying things like that, let alone actually doing them, gives ranchers a bad name!

It also gives extremists and government agencies an excuse to go after our industry.

Some will publish it as the reason people should quit eating meat.

Others will demand unreasonable regulations on ALL of us, including those who follow the rules.

Again, I sure do hope you don't actually do something so foolish and damaging to your business.

mrj

mrj said:
tumbleweed_texn, I sure do hope you are 'talking texan' when you say you use pharmaceuticals off label!

Even saying things like that, let alone actually doing them, gives ranchers a bad name!

It also gives extremists and government agencies an excuse to go after our industry.

Others will demand unreasonable regulations on ALL of us, including those who follow the rules.

Again, I sure do hope you don't actually do something so foolish and damaging to your business.

mrj

I didn't take it that way at all.... Some times animals need some tough love.. :wink:

katrina said:
mrj said:

mrj

I didn't take it that way at all.... Some times animals need some tough love.. :wink:

I did. :cowboy:

Big Muddy rancher said:
katrina said:
mrj said:

mrj

I did. :cowboy:

You poo, poo. :D :D :p :p

I don't use things off label ,and that is not how I posted using Ace as that gal is staying in my herd ,for now anyways. She raises a heck of a calf or actually 2 this year :wink: she just does not like anyone around her but me . Every year I hear the same thing from Mr HD "Why is she still here !" :lol:

Tranq is not something I use often, I think that bottle has been in my medical bag for 8 years and used 3 times. Once for a cow with a broken leg, had to load her in the skid steer for my vet to look at her to make sure she could not be helped (half sis to the blk beast ) the other time I used it on Bo my 15 year old collie who was suffering form dementia so bad that he wondered off and end up getting stick in our water slough over night in freezing weather. I tranqued him to make him comfortable until our vet could make the 2 hour drive to our home to put him to sleep I know most of you would have done the deed yourselves but I couldn't and hubby couldn't do it either . So I brought him home, warmed him up and made him as comfortable as possible ,and stayed with him until the doc got here.

The 3rd time was to pull quills out of my llamas muzzle .

I would never advocate off label usage for something that was going to slaughter .. :tiphat:

Latest posts