• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

free grazers and hay haulers

Help Support Ranchers.net:

cert

Reaction score
This is just a few. I counted 40 some in the holler night before last. They are on reclaim ground in these pictures. They won't hurt much but won't make enough fertilizer to improve the hay crop either.
IMG_4296.jpg

IMG_4292.jpg

IMG_4307.jpg

This is old red. Most of the parts are off an '83 but the frame is titled an '86. The old abused 6.9 diesel will sure take a beating. Not the prettiest rig in the county but I bet it is the one of the most reliable. Sure beats hauling hay on an open tractor in sub zero temps.
IMG_4311.jpg

Looking thru the headache
IMG_4310.jpg

Where I'm going:
IMG_4308.jpg

Where I been:
IMG_4312.jpg

The snow is finally almost gone. Nice to see some grass again. Beautiful 30 degree day today. I fed in my shirt sleeves...

It that a "Pile" of deer? A bunch? A herd? Just what is a gathering of deer called? A covey? A flock?

Nice picks cert. What do you call "Reclaim" ground? Has it been mined or something?

I gots to know. What is that nasty, slimey looking stuff on the mirror post? :lol:

I read your title too fast and went to see who were pictured as
Free Geezers! Thought it must be Northern Rancher and friends :roll: :wink: Must be time for bifocals here.

Mike, remind me in about a month to post more pictures of that nasty slimy stuff. It will be plentyfull by then. I got the old ford stuck in a 4+ foot snow drift a week ago. Now there isn't much snow to speak of but the ground is slowly thawing. By the end of the week next week they are talking like upper 40's. That will thaw out something and make a tough time feeding on these hills. Just a little bit of thaw (slime) will make me slide right of the hill sideways even with the tractor. Spring is just a month away!!!

I always thought more than a few deer was a herd. Late spring and early summer they are a nuisance weather they are a flock, a covey or a bunch. And anyone that has ever hit a baby deer that was hunkered down in the hay field will come near to parking that piece of equipment and not ever wanting to run it again.

Reclaim ground has been mined. That usually leaves it in pretty poor shape with less that palatable native grasses on it. Normally takes alot of lime to bring it back up to farming quality.

nr, I didn't think northern rancher was a free grazer...I thought the term was "bale grazer". :D

Latest posts