• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Friday and Saturday photos, Feb 6 & 7, 2009

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Soapweed

Reaction score
Gettingreadytovaccinatesomecows.jpg

Getting ready to vaccinate some cows with Scourgard 4KC
Cowpokahontas.jpg

Cowpokahontas
Ladywithasyringe.jpg

Lady with a syringe
Cowsandclouds.jpg

Cows and clouds
Deertryingtoblendinwiththescenery.jpg

Deer trying to blend in with the scenery
Prettyfullload.jpg

Pickup abuse
Sundown-2.jpg

Another day marked off the calendar

What kind of plant is that the deer are standing in.Nice looking load of feed,wish that was on my pickup.Is it pellets?Was wondering,do you put your own hay up?

Blkbuckaroo said:
What kind of plant is that the deer are standing in.Nice looking load of feed,wish that was on my pickup.Is it pellets?Was wondering,do you put your own hay up?

The plant is sunflowers after the yellow thingies have fallen off. :wink: The feed is 13% cake with 500,000 units of Vitamin A added. We give our cows a little jolt of Vitamin A this time of year, figuring four pounds of cake is worth four c.c.'s of a Vitamin A injection. Sometimes Vitamin A injections can cause abortions. We give two pounds of cake per head one day, and then two or three days later give another two pounds. It works quite well, and is sure less stressful on the cows and cowboys.

We put up some of our own hay, hire some put up, and buy some. Our operation is not a "least cost" form of ranching, but it has worked for quite a long period of years.

Hope you weren't going very far with that load. I guess I should have taken some photos of the broken springs and wagons that were results of putting that last bale on the load. They may have saved you from temptation. :wink:

I like Sunflower's choice of footwear, have had a pair for the last year and they have stood up well.
We have to put our heifers through yet for their first scour shot. :oops:
It seems the last three weeks we've been playing catchup more than getting things done on time.

Gcreek,i can relate to what you're saying.It's always tempting to load justa few more of something,did that the other day with some firewood,and was praying nothing would break the whole way home :?

bverellen said:
gcreekrch said:
I like Sunflower's choice of footwear, have had a pair for the last year and they have stood up well.

What make of boots are they and are they super toasty warm?

bart.

Great pics! I especially like the sunset one :D . Hasn't it been great weather to work cattle in? My corrals aren't mucky or icy, and the wind hasn't been terrible...looks like you're enjoying the same conditions.

Bart, they look like Muck Boots, and they are nice. I have two pairs since they do make my feet sweat a little, and I like to dry one pair out while wearing the other. They are much lighter to wear which is very nice in deep snow and muck :wink: . Also, they pull on quickly, no muddy shoe laces to mess with...I'm too lazy to lace anything up now that I wear these boots :lol: .

WyomingRancher said:
bverellen said:
gcreekrch said:

What make of boots are they and are they super toasty warm?

bart.

Great pics! I especially like the sunset one :D . Hasn't it been great weather to work cattle in? My corrals aren't mucky or icy, and the wind hasn't been terrible...looks like you're enjoying the same conditions.

Bart, they look like Muck Boots, and they are nice. I have two pairs since they do make my feet sweat a little, and I like to dry one pair out while wearing the other. They are much lighter to wear which is very nice in deep snow and muck :wink: . Also, they pull on quickly, no muddy shoe laces to mess with...I'm too lazy to lace anything up now that I wear these boots :lol: .

Made by Bogs. I got my first pair this year. The roper model. I think it's just a little shorter with handles cut in the tops for pulling on. I got them to ride in late fall and early winter fully expecting to go to my pac boots when it got colder. Heck I wore them all winter. Just need the proper sock combination. They are Neoprene with rubber bottoms.
I have a Peet shoe and boot drier. Just stick them on it when I take them off. Even over lunch and they stay dry and are warm to put on. :)

Google Bog and you will find the company . Some Cenex stores sell them.

I tried two pairs of Bogs and they got holes on the insides of the heel...then would rub on my heel (within days of purchase I might add) also didn't like the traction on them. Got a pair of Mucks with the good traction and love them. I use the boot dryer too.

Great pics soap, especially like the cows and clouds.

Thanks for taking us along with ya. :D My kids like to see the new pictures on here and are always asking if Soap has some yet! My little girl wants to move to the sandhills cause she figures if she falls off her horse it will be nice and soft to land! :D The cows and deer look fine and so does the Dodge! Better send that picture to the dealer as an advertisement if he'll cut ya some slack next time your shopping for a truck! :wink:

leanin' H said:
Thanks for taking us along with ya. :D My kids like to see the new pictures on here and are always asking if Soap has some yet! My little girl wants to move to the sandhills cause she figures if she falls off her horse it will be nice and soft to land! :D The cows and deer look fine and so does the Dodge! Better send that picture to the dealer as an advertisement if he'll cut ya some slack next time your shopping for a truck! :wink:

tell your daughter that it hurts just as much (personal experience! :oops: )

Yanuck said:
leanin' H said:

tell your daughter that it hurts just as much (personal experience! :oops: )
:agree: Ground by any other name is ground,and when you hit it's painful.More so the older ya' get. :wink:

Latest posts