• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Friday's Fotos (mo pics added)

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Jassy said:
Ok...I'll aks the "blond" question...how are ya gonna get the tractor AND the shredder across that creek? I think Lil Lilly has fun at whatever she is doing...Cool locness monster/turtle photo...lol

very carefully!

Yanuck said:
Jassy said:
Ok...I'll aks the "blond" question...how are ya gonna get the tractor AND the shredder across that creek? I think Lil Lilly has fun at whatever she is doing...Cool locness monster/turtle photo...lol

very carefully!

C'mon girls, it's not THAT wide. With a good run at it and the shredder running and creating a hydroplane effect...not much of a jump at all. :D

Do it every day, doncha Lilly?

I know,. I'm tired :roll:

Yeah but doin stunts like that cause problems like this.

2008-11-25-011.jpg

If any one is interested I make a great turtletrap - - - nobody fixes turtle like grandma!

gcreekrch said:
Yanuck said:
Jassy said:

very carefully!

C'mon girls, it's not THAT wide. With a good run at it and the shredder running and creating a hydroplane effect...not much of a jump at all. :D

Do it every day, doncha Lilly?

I know,. I'm tired :roll:

One time back in the late '70's, Dad had a young guy hired for the summer. It was an expensive experience. :roll: This kid was using a 4020 John Deere with a loader and picking up bales along a deep ditch. He was supposed to pile them just right, and I was hauling ten at a time to a bale yard, using a 1066 International tractor pulling a Lehman stackmover. There were bales on both sides of this ditch, so Brainboy grabs a 1300# bale and decides he needs to get a run at the ditch to get across (he could have gone a couple hundred yards to a bona-fide crossing with a culvert). Anyway he put the tractor in high gear and went like heck. As you would imagine, the front axles and wheels stayed in the ditch even though most of the tractor made it to the other side. It was quite a project getting things put back together.

This is the same kid that went to work for another neighbor and tipped over his truck, the reason being, "the heifers were frolicking in the back." :? Sometimes it is just easier to do things short-handed. :wink:

Haha....nawwww I didn't do that crossin the creek. Just wear n tear in that rough pasture. Hog roots are plentiful. It worked it's way out. But at least I felt it before it was completely gone. Kinda felt like I was in mud....but I wasn't. So when I turned I just felt the urge to stop and check things out. That's one of the first things I look at when havin front end trouble. It's happened to me before on our own tractor while diskin up hog rooted pasture.

We found a low water crossin where it was only about a foot deep. So it wasn't bad crossin it at all. Only problem was..after we got to the other side. it's a small islandish area, with two more creeks. This is bottom land....in an area where the water gets way outta banks. Causes all kinda sloughs and ditches. So now we got that lil jag mowed, and hafta figure out where to cross again. He has an arial photo of this place hangin on his wall at the ranch office. I looked last night and looks like I'll hafta go maybe a mile down that creek before there's another crossin.

gcreekrch said:
Looks like someone should have been using a greasegun and now has a line-boring job to do.

I agree....prolly hasn't been greased in years...if ever. but when your workin with other people's equipment, you can't always control how well maintained they are.

Latest posts