• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

From the "Army Times"

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Disagreeable

Reaction score
Republicans again show their support for the military. My emphasis; link below.

"Senate Republican leaders decided Tuesday that a gun manufacturers' liability bill is more important than next year's $441.6 billion defense authorization bill.

With Democrats expressing amazement that there could be any higher legislative priority in a time of war than the annual defense bill that includes money for pay and benefits, operations and maintenance, and weapons' purchases and research, Sen. Bill Frist of Tennessee, the Senate Republican leader, decided Tuesday that a bill protecting gun manufacturers from lawsuits over the illegal use of firearms was a higher priority."

http://www.armytimes.com/story.php?f=1-292925-997330.php

With Democrats expressing amazement that there could be any higher legislative priority in a time of war than the annual defense bill that includes money for pay and benefits, operations and maintenance, and weapons' purchases and research, Sen. Bill Frist of Tennessee, the Senate Republican leader, decided Tuesday that a bill protecting gun manufacturers from lawsuits over the illegal use of firearms was a higher priority."

That statement seems like the author is really grasping at straws. Nice try.

Hey, this is from the Army Times, not some liberal, pro Democrat rag. They're as mad as I am about the mishandling of this war and the way our troops have been treated by the Bush Bunch. There's no excuse for this. Oops, yes there is. Sorry. Frisk is going to run for president in 2008! He needs the NRA's support. How foolish of me to forget that!! :roll:

Another article from your link, Disagreeable. At least read page 4.

http://www.armytimes.com/content/editorial/pdf/dod_iraq_report072505.pdf

Latest posts