• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Fuel prices near you- Thanks Biden

Help Support Ranchers.net:

leanin' H

Reaction score
I fully support not buying a cup of oil from Russia. But to go cow-tow to Venezuela or the Middle East for oil is insane. Open the Keystone pipe line!!! Take away the ban on leases for our own wells. These idiots cannot tie their own shoes!!!!! Saw diesel for $4.99 today. It was $3.89 last week. Gas is $4.29. 🤬
I think it's going much higher.
What are prices like where y'all are?

Diesel today in town was $4.29. Regular unleaded was $3.59. By tomorrow those prices will be history!
Biden says "Buy American" so why isn't he buying American OIL???
Fuel prices have steadily gone up since Jan. 6. But the new administration is not to blame. HAH!!
I truly hope we make it to November.

The Democrats will lose control of the House and Senate in a landslide. And they can blame their clueless leader. This administration has done more harm to the poor and working class (AND THAT THEY CLAIM TO BE THE PARTY THAT IS FOR THE PIIR AND WORKING CLASS IS A JOKE) than any president in my memory. If Americans keep voting for them, then we deserve what we get!!!

Last week on Friday while hauling home cows I stopped at a station if Vale. Cheapest one I had found. Diesel was $4.32. Same station today I filled up for $4.92. Saw a couple other stations on my way home that were well over $5.00.
B and I were talking hay cost and freight to move it. He was telling me that freight was $4.00 a loaded mile and now it is $7.00 a loaded mile. The cost of everything is about to go through the roof. Those millions of trucks delivering everything don't run for free. But Biden and Harris are happy that we will all switch to electric cars. Trouble is we will all be too broke to buy roller skates let alone a new electric car.

I received this email that I think is worth sharing here. In fact, I encourage you all to read it. It's from Campaign for working families.
Gary Bauer hits a home run with this article explaining how badly Biden has screwed up our energy situation and keeps on bungling away.

Wednesday, March 9, 2022
To: Friends & Supporters

Children At Risk

As many of you know, Dr. James Dobson and I co-wrote "Children At Risk, Winning the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Your Children" more than 30 years ago. One of the dangers we warned about in the book was the public policy goals of the radical gay rights movement.

Of course, conservatives have been mocked over the years for suggesting there was a "gay agenda" aimed at children. "That's a bunch of homophobic fearmongering," we were told.

But from kids cartoons to drag queen story hour in the public schools, it's undeniable now. There is a gay agenda aimed at kids, and the left isn't even trying to hide it anymore.

What ever happened to reading, writing and arithmetic? That's what schools should be for. But instead of teaching our children how to be productive citizens, the government-run schools have become indoctrination centers for left-wing activism.

It was bad enough when Dr. Dobson and I wrote "Children At Risk," and it's only gotten worse since then.

If Marxist critical race theory and radical environmentalism weren't bad enough, now cultural extremists are demanding that children as young as kindergarten be exposed to radical sexual theories and concepts like "gender fluidity," and who knows what else.

Children are being "transitioned" in the public schools without their parent's knowledge. (Here, here and here.)

Thankfully, Florida Governor Ron DeSantis and Sunshine State legislators are fighting back to protect our kids. The state recently passed legislation the left claims is a "Don't Say Gay" law. I'm sure you've probably heard about it.

Unbelievably, the White House took time out of its day yesterday -- in the middle of a major foreign policy crisis -- to condemn Gov. DeSantis over this law. Hollywood celebrities and "woke" corporations are expressing their outrage, too.

Exactly what is so terrible about the law? Well, let's start with the name. It's not called, "The Don't Say Gay Law." The law is correctly known as the Parental Rights In Education Act, and it does not ban the word "gay."

It does, however, ban teachers and school officials from pushing radical gender insanity on kids in kindergarten through third grade.

That some leftist bureaucrats think they have a right to expose your children to such offensive material and to indoctrinate your young kids in gender confusion is outrageous!

That the White House, the left and the media are lying to you about this obscene agenda is equally outrageous!

So, kudos to Gov. DeSantis and to the Florida legislature. Don't back down!

A Clean Conscience?

Comedian Stephen Colbert really stepped in it the other night. He told his audience that they should be willing to pay extra for gas in order have "a clear conscience." Colbert added that he would be willing to pay $15 a gallon . . . because he drives a fully electric Tesla.

Today's new record high of $4.25 a gallon wouldn't hurt Mr. Colbert even if he didn't drive a Tesla. He's a multi-millionaire.

But these record gas prices are crushing working-class people, and we won't see nightly images of American mothers and fathers crying because they can't pay their bills.

It's beyond galling to see leftist millionaires bragging about how much they stand with the poor people of Ukraine, while they couldn't care less about what's happening to struggling American families – you know, the "forgotten Americans" who Donald Trump talked so much about.

Biden v. Trump

Donald Trump brought a commonsense approach to foreign policy. As a result, his foreign policy was coherent. "America First" made sense, and we didn't have a prolonged foreign policy crisis during his administration.

In fact, it was the first time in a long time that an American president DIDN'T start a war or initiate a new significant overseas military engagement.

But Joe Biden, who is supposed to be a foreign policy genius, has been bumbling from one foreign policy crisis to another like Mr. Magoo!

There's a reason that former Secretary of Defense Robert Gates said, "Biden has been wrong about every major foreign policy issue for the past 40 years."

There's a reason Barack Obama said, "Don't underestimate Joe's ability to [mess] things up."

Here's the latest example.

There are multiple media reports that the Saudis and other Arab leaders will not return Biden's phone calls. That speaks volumes about Biden's weakness and how the rest of the world perceives him.

But why are they being so difficult now?

Well, one of the first things Joe Biden did when he took office was to cut off support for the Saudis in their fight against Yemeni terrorists called the Houthis. He not only cut off the Saudis, he also lifted sanctions on the Houthis.

The Houthis are heavily backed by Iran. They are another Iranian terror proxy just like Hamas and Hezbollah.

So, Joe Biden came into office and outraged the Saudis. Just a few months ago, he bragged to Anderson Cooper that he wouldn't take THEIR calls. (He also told Cooper that gas prices would start coming down this year. Wrong again.) But that's not all.

He launched a major effort to get us back into the Iranian nuclear deal, which will end sanctions on Iran, Saudi Arabia's major enemy. The Iranians hate the Saudis almost as much as they hate Israel.

So, Biden first attacked the American energy industry, then he stuck his finger in the eye of the Saudis. Now we're in a major foreign policy crisis where energy is a major issue, and the Saudis won't return Biden's phone calls.

He can't take regulations off our energy industry or the left will go nuts. So, he's begging Venezuela and Iran to bail him out.

Can anyone point out the "foreign policy genius" in any of this?

For all the left's fretting about how Donald Trump was alienating our allies, Joe Biden's arrogance and idiocy has put the United States in a terrible position -- just as we may be on the brink of another world war.

And don't forget that under Biden's leadership, our NATO ally France recalled its ambassador from the United States for the first time in history!

A Hint Of Deal

Yesterday, a French newspaper reported that Russian government sources said the war could end quickly if Ukraine would vow to remain neutral. A source close to Ukrainian President Zelensky said they might not join NATO after all. When the news hit here, it caused an immediate rally in the stock market.

That unconfirmed report is the basic framework for a way out of this crisis. Indeed, Zelensky himself told ABC News this week that he has "cooled" on NATO.

Speaking of Zelensky, he got a rousing reception from the British lawmakers yesterday after he delivered an address to the House of Commons that paraphrased Winston Churchill.

Given Zelensky's "celebrity status" on social media, it made me wonder how many young Americans were googling "Churchill" yesterday. He may have done more in one day to inspire interest in Winston Churchill than any public school in America has done in the past year!

I went to the sale in La Grande yesterday. The Flying J which is the closest station to the sale had diesel price post as $5.85 a gallon. That would be nearly $150 to fill up my pickup if it is on a quarter of the tank.. I drove my little car to the sale. 4 or 5 gallons of gas for the car is a lot cheaper than 10 gallons of diesel for the pickup. I am only driving the pickup if there is something I need to haul.

I checked the bulk fuel prices yesterday in a town to the north and one to the south.
We only have two sources for bulk delivery, both are co-ops.
The one we have been using now has a policy that if you don't order 200 gallons OF EACH
there will be a $100/delivery charge!!! 3 tanks, if they each don't take 200 gallons, that could be
$300 for delivery charge. Yes, I asked "is that total gallons or gallons in each tank?" It's gallons
in each tank. Their price was $5.29 for Tractor fuel and $4.39 for 91 Premium (that's what we use)
and I guess I didn't get the price of diesel. The other place is Clear diesel $4.69; Dyed $4.46; 91 $4.72.
They charge 20 to 30 cents more/gallon for delivery.
The first one will put a monitor on the bulk tanks at no charge to us...

Interesting times.

The guy that winters my cows checked on red dye last week and it was $5.05 bull delivery.

But, it got interesting. They called him back that after and said it dropped 40 cents.

On the way to his place the same distributor has a Pacific Pride with one set of pumps that has a credit card. They don't go through fuel very fast and the green diesel fuel was $4.67 there. Same distributor.

I've learned traveling a lot that when fuel goes up really fast, it pays to check out of the way spots that may still be pumping on old prices

I fully support not buying a cup of oil from Russia. But to go cow-tow to Venezuela or the Middle East for oil is insane. Open the Keystone pipe line!!! Take away the ban on leases for our own wells. These idiots cannot tie their own shoes!!!!! Saw diesel for $4.99 today. It was $3.89 last week. Gas is $4.29. 🤬
I think it's going much higher.
What are prices like where y'all are?
It really has nothing to do with shortages and everything to do with opportunity. Has any supplier actually ran short of fuel? Big oil taught the packers how to run prices in their favor

I'm spending $100 every time I fill my truck up. 2017 Toyota Tundra. Not a total gas gussler, but it sure feels like it when gas is this high. Averaging ~$4 a gallon.

The guy that winters my cows checked on red dye last week and it was $5.05 bull delivery.

But, it got interesting. They called him back that after and said it dropped 40 cents.

On the way to his place the same distributor has a Pacific Pride with one set of pumps that has a credit card. They don't go through fuel very fast and the green diesel fuel was $4.67 there. Same distributor.

I've learned traveling a lot that when fuel goes up really fast, it pays to check out of the way spots that may still be pumping on old prices
Do you expect the fuel company to deliver the bulk fuel for free?

Back when I started ranching (During the fuel shortages in 1974), we use to get a discount for buying bulk fuel, delivered! If memory serves me right, back in the days of $1.00 gas, it was almost a 10 cent a gallon discount!

The only reason there was a "discount" was that there was no highway tax and probably some part of the,if not all of,the sales tax was not added to the bill.

It really has nothing to do with shortages and everything to do with opportunity. Has any supplier actually ran short of fuel? Big oil taught the packers how to run prices in their favor
Even with the shape of the world is in today there is very little excess production from what is used daily.This is why fuels are so high.The numbers are public information.

Latest posts