• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Fuel supply

Help Support Ranchers.net:

My BIL filled up with fuel yesterday , after driving to 3 different places he finally found diesel but was cut off at 50 litres.

So far no problems here with dyed diesel from UFA ,not sure about COOP , I did see a fuel truck come from the dairy on Monday .

The pipeline is a no-brainer winner for both the USA and Canada, but naturally a few knuckleheads are standing in the way of a good thing.

I am embarrassed for Soap and the other Cornhuskers here that a few Nebraskans seem to have swallowed the stupid pill.....

No fuel here in many places, UFA all 3 card locks are dry as well as Coop and Petro . Gas stations have the diesel pumps roped off as well. If something doesn't change asap we will be screwed. Won't be able to produce fuel if our guys can't get to it .

Husband finally found fuel at Fas Gas in the village $4.89 a gallon for it . . All 4 diesel pumps were dry, even the dyed ones .

Not good ....

Should be plowing the driveway but do not want to waste fuel, have an order in for dyed winter diesel but who knows when it will come . :???:

Gas here is $3.25 a Gal but on road diesel went from $3.649 to $4.699 last week and off road ( dyed ) is now $4.399

I have told my gravel customers I have to impliment a fuel sur charge ( first time ever ) and about 1/2 of them said fine the others have decided to not get gravel!

I can burn 100 gals a day easily in a tri axel dump truck - -- - that cost has to be passed on - - - I have kept my prices as low as possible but I have to pass this on or leave the truck in the driveway.

I am going to AK on Dec 2 to help my brother move back to the states. Does anyone know if they are keeping stations along the Alaska highway supplied with diesel?

dmndtlivestock said:
I am going to AK on Dec 2 to help my brother move back to the states. Does anyone know if they are keeping stations along the Alaska highway supplied with diesel?

They are saying our supply is coming back to normal so I would think you would be OK. Maybe your brother could do some checking from that end.

dmndtlivestock said:

I thought if one lived in AK then one lived "in the States" lol

I would say you would be okay, I haven't been turned away yet but I seldom get north of mile 143. I did pay $1.659 per liter for diesel today though at mile 101. I guess that would be $6.39 for a Yankee gallon :shock:
I haven't heard of the stations further up running out.

Thanks BMR, I called him the other night and told him what I had been reading here. He was going to do some checking. He has a 100 gal tank in the box so that will give us a little flexibility.

Good point Silver, I should have added "lower 48". With the temps they have been having he feels like they live north of the Arctic Circle. I helped him move up there three years ago in Feb. I was hoping this trip would be a little warmer.

Gas here was down to $3.059 gal this morning back to $3.259 this afternoon.

Road diesel was $3.889 Gal this morning but $3.959 this afternoon - - - everyone was talking about how glad they were it was down! I only bought $20.00 worth ( 4.25 Gal at $4.699 gal ) last Wednesday to get home and I was ready to park the truck till spring!

First trip out this morning gas is down to $2.999 but diesel went back up a little to $4.019

This is the first time I have ever passed a fuel surcharge to my customers but I don't know what else to do!

Back in for the night- - - -

I have 3 truck stops within 10 miles and they move prices together

This evening gas is $3.339 and diesel is $4.199

Wonder what tomorrow will bring

I stopped at Wonowon (conveniently located at mile 101 of the Alaska Hwy) tonight and diesel was still priced at $6.39. But there wasn't any. Hope they have some tomorrow or I'll be in a bind.

Latest posts