• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Funny what you find when you search ranchers past posts

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Tam

Reaction score
This is what Oldtimer said on Feb 1, 2012 about the oil boom in North eastern Montana

Oldtimer wrote:
Well Tam- they are drilling like crazy here- anyone that wants to work can have a good paying job- and August feeder cattle futures closed above a buck sixty today at $160.47 today....
But you just sit up their in Canuckland and whine...Maybe Bigmuddy needs to get you one of those jobs so you have something to do besides cry in your milk...

Larrry wrote:
So how does that help someone who is unemployed feed his family

Oldtimer wrote:
They are crying for help...Folks that want to work are coming from 2,000+ miles away- and then commuting back and forth to home every month or so...Some companies will even pay your airfare back and forth every 3 weeks or month...
And at $10,000 a month clear- you can afford for the family to eat steaks.. Even the $20 an hour carhops can eat pretty fair.

But I seem to remember him saying this back a couple years ago.

Ironically (excepting the Rez) the worst time we had for drugs in this area of the State- (and the time I spent many hours sneaking around Tams backyard )- was back in the 80's when the seismic and oil activity of the Williston Basin was at its highest...And one of the bigger coke busts was "Animal's" place just south of Plentywood- and mostly involved oil people- and distribution by oil connected people....

So back when he was a SO Called Deputy Dog the worst time for drugs was when the oil boom hit but NOW all is great due to the Oil Boom as anyone that wants a job can get one.

How times changes how Oldtimer sees things. :wink:

Tam said:
This is what Oldtimer said on Feb 1, 2012 about the oil boom in North eastern Montana

Oldtimer wrote:
Well Tam- they are drilling like crazy here- anyone that wants to work can have a good paying job- and August feeder cattle futures closed above a buck sixty today at $160.47 today....
But you just sit up their in Canuckland and whine...Maybe Bigmuddy needs to get you one of those jobs so you have something to do besides cry in your milk...

Larrry wrote:

Oldtimer wrote:
They are crying for help...Folks that want to work are coming from 2,000+ miles away- and then commuting back and forth to home every month or so...Some companies will even pay your airfare back and forth every 3 weeks or month...
And at $10,000 a month clear- you can afford for the family to eat steaks.. Even the $20 an hour carhops can eat pretty fair.

Ironically (excepting the Rez) the worst time we had for drugs in this area of the State- (and the time I spent many hours sneaking around Tams backyard )- was back in the 80's when the seismic and oil activity of the Williston Basin was at its highest...And one of the bigger coke busts was "Animal's" place just south of Plentywood- and mostly involved oil people- and distribution by oil connected people....

So back when he was a SO Called Deputy Dog the worst time for drugs was when the oil boom hit but NOW all is great due to the Oil Boom as anyone that wants a job can get one.

So what do you see is wrong with what I said? What do you disagree with?

Anyone with half a pea brain knows that when large amounts of money come to an area, so does crime and vice...Been that way historically since the Gold Rush days of the 1800's....The first business's in this country were bars set up in tents- and the first white women settling in this area didn't come in as the church ladys- but rather the hookers following the money of the gold strikes- and the railroad construction crews...

Back in the 80's when the oil was pumping- and Northern Border was building the pipeline the area was booming...3 times the number of bars- and almost all had bands every night...One had strippers a couple nights a week (which I think they shared with Plentywood and the State Line Club)...Lots of drugs- and a lot more disturbances....Lot more vehicle wrecks....Several of those former establishments are just deserted buildings today (but lately more and more deserted buidlings are being bought up as folks see new business opportunities)...

But as I tell the NIMBY folks that are worried about it happening-- we survived it- and the area actually thrived from it- and will again....

At least this time- we have a little more forewarning of what is coming and can do more to prepare- ex.- the MT Highway Patrol just graduated 10 new Patrolmen from recruit school- and stationed 6 in eastern Montana (with a couple right up your area I think-- so watch your lead foot when you're going to Williston shopping... You know how ticket happy those rookies are :wink: )..

Oldtimer said:
Tam said:

Oldtimer wrote:

Larrry wrote:

Oldtimer wrote:

Anyone with half a pea brain knows that when large amounts of money come to an area, so does crime and vice...Been that way historically since the Gold Rush days of the 1800's....The first business's in this country were bars set up in tents- and the first white women settling in this area didn't come in as the church ladys- but rather the hookers following the money of the gold strikes- and the railroad construction crews...

Back in the 80's when the oil was pumping- and Northern Border was building the pipeline the area was booming...3 times the number of bars- and almost all had bands every night...One had strippers a couple nights a week (which I think they shared with Plentywood and the State Line Club)...Lots of drugs- and a lot more disturbances....Lot more vehicle wrecks....Several of those former establishments are just deserted buildings today (but lately more and more deserted buidlings are being bought up as folks see new business opportunities)...

But as I tell the NIMBY folks that are worried about it happening-- we survived it- and the area actually thrived from it- and will again....

At least this time- we have a little more forewarning of what is coming and can do more to prepare- ex.- the MT Highway Patrol just graduated 10 new Patrolmen from recruit school- and stationed 6 in eastern Montana (with a couple right up your area I think-- so watch your lead foot when you're going to Williston shopping... You know how ticket happy those rookies are :wink: )..

Being on the "take" sure helps relieve financial embarrassment, eh?

Mel Gibson said it best in "Payback"........"Dirty cops. Is there any other kind?"

Oldtimer said:
Tam said:

Oldtimer wrote:

Larrry wrote:

Oldtimer wrote:

What makes me believe if you were not trying to give credit to Obama for the great economic boost ie the increase in oil field activity in the Northeast corner of Montana you would be screaming about the illegal drug activity that comes with these booms. :roll:

I may buy one of those empty buildings, and sell tickets to a fist fight between Tam and OT..... I bet a lot of folks would buy tickets to see a good hard working lady beat up a fat old dirty cop....

OT sure seemed to know where the hookers and strippers were...

That surprises the heck out of me. With ot at the helm I would think no one would get in a fight there. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :wink: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Larrry said:
That surprises the heck out of me. With ot at the helm I would think no one would get in a fight there. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :wink: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I trust Tam's parents raised her better, than to get into drunken bar fights.....OT's family, not so much
box.gif
icon_dunno.gif

GUYS GUYS GUYS Oldtimer puts the coot in cooties do you really think any self respecting person would dare hit him. Besides hitting a mentally handicapped person is JUST WRONG. :wink:

My money would be on Tam, slick, lean full of class always wins when against fat, lazy, classless and not overly intelligent all the time!!
Just watch out, oldtimer has been know to call for back up to squeeze heads like a pimple on his butt,,,He threatened me with having HIS son do that to me!! he couldn't do it himself!!
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Go Tam GO, But then you have little to worry about ole knee pads the drunk
You make him look bad by just smiling

The way I figure it it's more fun bringing him to his knees with FACT than it would be with with my fists. Besides this way I don't have to see him cry. There is nothing more pitiful than watching a old fat guy crying like a baby into his booze. The running nose thing is just, :( well you know. :wink:

Tam: Do you have a daughter?

You sure are a fine, cultured lady and I hope these wonderful traits we see displayed here JUMP a generation for her sake.

'You are a sow.

jingo2 said:

You sure are a fine, cultured lady and I hope these wonderful traits we see displayed here JUMP a generation for her sake.

'You are a sow.

Takes on to know what makes one kolo=jingo=lulu=allie :wink: too bad your parents did not practice better birth control, and better culling practices
would have made the world a better place

jingo2 said:

'You are a sow.

Here we have a leftie dragging a persons child into the fray when they get their own feeling hurt, wa wa wa

Larrry said:
jingo2 said:

'You are a sow.

Here we have a leftie dragging a persons child into the fray when they get their own feeling hurt, wa wa wa

It is ok for the libbies to do it, they have the protection of oldtimer,, let one of the normal people do it ant the post disappears, or you get message from the mod :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

katrina said:
Actually pigs are pretty smart!! Not that Tam is one, but if we're name calling I can think of worse..... :roll:

Yep, I'd call them a jingo, oldtimer, or bullhauler :wink: :wink: :wink:

Latest posts