• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

future using horse in training...pics from today

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Faster horses said:
You are a wise man, R A. Nice to take the youngster along to see the sights!

Is that your spur track on the cantle? :D
Do you have a 'rest of the story for us? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for the dandy pictures.

:D .... I sadly don't have a single wild wreck story... :( . I don't know what those holes are from??? I'm guessing they are from tree limbs hitting it, because I have been in many places where I had to get off and lead whoever I'm riding through tons of trees, thick brush, low hanging branches, etc. I'll have to go look... :D

R A said:
Faster horses said:

:D .... I sadly don't have a single wild wreck story... :( . I don't know what those holes are from??? I'm guessing they are from tree limbs hitting it, because I have been in many places where I had to get off and lead whoever I'm riding through tons of trees, thick brush, low hanging branches, etc. I'll have to go look... :D

If those aren't real spur tracks, you should still come up with some wild west story telling how the (ahem) spur tracks got there! :D

Reminds me of a friend of ours who was a bronc rider, as was his dad.
Bronc riders are notorious jokers. This kids dad gave him some advice when he was about to get on a horse that had a reputation as a top bucking horse.
"Son," dad says, "if you can't ride him, hang up and thrill the crowd." :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :p :wink:

Faster horses said:
R A said:
Faster horses said:

If those aren't real spur tracks, you should still come up with some wild west story telling how the (ahem) spur tracks got there! :D

Bronc riders are notorious jokers. This kids dad gave him some advice when he was about to get on a horse that had a reputation as a top bucking horse.
"Son," dad says, "if you can't ride him, hang up and thrill the crowd." :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :p :wink:

I got to see a rather spectacular wreck at a rodeo last night. A featured event was the Wild Cow Riding. These old cows were hard to ride and all seemed to have nasty dispositions. One cow burst out of the chute and promptly dumped off her rider. The clowns and bullfighters did their jobs well, and kept him from getting mangled by the cow. She then spotted the two pickup riders mounted on their horses in the center of the arena and charged in their direction. They touched their horses with their spurs to get out of her way. One of the horses was kind of in rest mode, and resented getting woke up so suddenly. He started to buck rather grandly, and the rider was thrown in front of the horse. First the horse ran over the rider, and then here came the mad cow to do her share in tromping the fallen cowboy. Fortunately I don't think he was hurt too badly, and after the cow ran along on her merry way, he was able to get on his feet to climb over the arena fence. He paused for awhile to reflect on the incident and to get his bearings before mounting his horse to continue his responsibilities for the rest of the evening's performance. I wish I'd have recorded the happening with a video camera, as it was quite a memorable occasion.

Faster horses said:
R A said:
Faster horses said:

I without a doubt honesty wholeheartly know for a fact those aren't spur tracks!!!!!.... :D . I've never had a horse even come close to bucking...if I have had one do it, I'd tell it like it happened!!! Before I started using a kids sled to move electric fence posts around pulling it with a horse, I used to tie them up in the saddle. They never stayed put and probably marked the saddle up....plus the tree branches I mentioned and calves and a bunch of other stuff... :D I use my horses for all knds of things.

My colt I'm training is my first Hancock bred horse I've broke....maybe he will give me some stories.... :D I'm a terrible story teller.... :D .

IMO, horses are the easiest animal in the world to read. It's easy to stay out of a storm. A big part of my life is devoted to riding safe horses and doing stuff everyday to make sure of it. I rarely leave the place, so it's something I stay on top of daily, no execptions. If a horse moves an ear out of place while I'm riding them, I step off, work them off the ground until they are dripping with sweat and lay 'em down a few times if needed. Then I get on and we ride off....try to make it to where they want me on them and don't act up a single bit....I'll give them a bad day if they want one... :D .

Thanks for the story, Soapweed! ..that would of been something to see!

Latest posts