• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

gee really?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

and they want the right to camp and poop wherever they want.....

We've got "poop and scoop" laws for pets, so why not fine the protesters?

The protest ongoing at Olympic Plaza is more about occupooping than occupying, if tickets being issued by police and bylaw officers are any indication.

Bylaw head Bill Bruce said officers have handed out around two-dozen tickets so far during the month-long occupation, including some for urinating and defecating in public.

"We've written smoking tickets, there's been urination and defecation tickets, there's been damage tickets, liquor consumption and possession, the whole gamut," he said.

http://www.calgarysun.com/2011/11/13/olympic-plaza-protesters-being-ticketed-for-public-defecation

Forum Post: Proposed list of OWS Demands

Posted 3 weeks ago on Oct. 23, 2011, 11:21 p.m. EST by bchang1987
This content is user submitted and not an official statement

Repeal the Taft-Hartley Act. Unionize ALL workers immediately.

darn commies..

Raise the minimum wage immediately to $18/hr. Create a maximum wage of $90/hr to eliminate inequality.

darn greedy commies..

Institute a 6 hour workday, and 6 weeks of paid vacation.

Darn greedy lazy commies

Institute a moratorium on all foreclosures and layoffs immediately.

darn greedy lazy irresponsible commies.

Repeal racist and xenophobic English-only laws.

what English only laws? ..Darn greedy lazy irresponsible illiterate commies.

Open the borders to all immigrants, legal or illegal. Offer immediate, unconditional amnesty, to all undocumented residents of the US.

Darn greedy lazy irresponsible illiterate stupid commies..

Create a single-payer, universal health care system.

Pass stricter campaign finance reform laws. Ban all private donations. All campaigns will receive equal funding, provided by the taxpayers.

Institute a negative income tax, and tax the very rich at rates up to 90%.

Pass far stricter environmental protection and animal rights laws.

Darn greedy lazy irresponsible illiterate stupid class envy commies....

Allow workers to elect their supervisors.

ok I ran out of words to describe stupidity..

Lower the retirement age to 55. Increase Social Security benefits.

lets see.. they work for more then your worth, they work for less then they should and now they want to retire early and get more..

Create a 5% annual wealth tax for the very rich.

Ban the private ownership of land.

Make homeschooling illegal. Religious fanatics use it to feed their children propaganda.

Reduce the age of majority to 16.

Abolish the death penalty and life in prison. We call for the immediate release of all death row inmates from death row and transferred to regular prisons.

Release all political prisoners immediately.

Immediate withdrawal from Iraq and Afghanistan.

Abolish the debt limit.

Ban private gun ownership.

Strengthen the separation of church and state.

Immediate debt forgiveness for all.

End the 'War on Drugs'.

and who will they elect as their union supervisor. Lenin, Marx, Mao? pol pot? , Manson...

stupid liberals.. ok really stupid liberals..

so for those of you on the left.. Do they support you?

Some key words "content user submitted and not an official statement"

as with any group such as this you have to wonder what they really want.. but the posted listed items seem to be mirrored by other similar lists..

but so far the only real demands they have put in writing and can agree on is for electricity, toilets, and munchies.. and a court battle to be not evicted.

Well I must say just listening to random interviews on tv I've heard a few concerns other than the ones you've mentioned here and abroad as well.

How about some "job sharing" to the point that employees are part-time....to the point where companies don't have to pay benefits?

This one could be re-written.....

Make homeschooling illegal. Religious fanatics use it to feed their children propaganda.

Make homeschooling illegal, so as to allow the Liberal controlled school system to feed the children propaganda

I wonder why?

Reduce the age of majority to 16.

Make homeschooling illegal, so as to allow the Liberal controlled school system to feed the children propaganda

How about these two:

1 Stopping undue corporate influence
2 Stricter regulation of financial institutions

TSR said:
How about these two:

as you increase the regulations, they will try to influence more, and government officials will be all too willing to help them out.....

"Regulatory Control"

How about leaving it to the "free market" and let the majority decide if the company is being environmentally responsible, or whatever, and the company's sales/profits will direct their actions?

If enough people believe in "conservation" and "abc company" is being responsible in that respect, then people will buy from them. And "XYZ company" will not profit, because they are not manufacturing their product in a manner that meet the definition of conservation of consumers.

My computer won't load the site but the 2 objectives I stated I read at a site evaluating the OWS movement. BTW I wonder, before the 26th amendment was adopted, were there any acts that were considered, shall we say "wrong" while the protests were going on?

TSR said:
My computer won't load the site but the 2 objectives I stated I read at a site evaluating the OWS movement. BTW I wonder, before the 26th amendment was adopted, were there any acts that were considered, shall we say "wrong" while the protests were going on?

I'm not sure I totally understand your question, but I did not see any protesters (videos or quotes) mentioning the voting age

hypocritexposer said:
TSR said:
How about these two:

as you increase the regulations, they will try to influence more, and government officials will be all too willing to help them out.....

"Regulatory Control"

How about leaving it to the "free market" and let the majority decide if the company is being environmentally responsible, or whatever, and the company's sales/profits will direct their actions?

If enough people believe in "conservation" and "abc company" is being responsible in that respect, then people will buy from them. And "XYZ company" will not profit, because they are not manufacturing their product in a manner that meet the definition of conservation of consumers.

So you trust corporations to put people's welfare in front of their profits? And in many instances by the time you find out what said company has illegally done lives are lost or damaged.

Latest posts