• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Geez, who ordered this wind????

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Shelly

Reaction score
58 km/h gusting to 70 km/h! Hay cut a few days ago is blowing away! The boys didn't get much baling time in today before it got too dry. Maybe this evening the wind'll drop and they can get a few more hours in before it gets too tough. It's supposed to go down to 8C tonight, so the dew will come on early.

Shelly,

Even though wind can make me a little angry at times we could use it here to dry the hay out a bit. Its starting to pick up now!!

Shelly.....maybe your crew can grab some of my swaths on the way by! Our haybine swaths are holding but I left behind six half mile swipes that were v-raked when I got showered out at midnight.They are plumb gone.......turning alfalfa seems to be about the only way we can get it cured this year. Who would ever expect wind in Saskatchewan? :???:

I don't mind a nice drying breeze, but this is ridiculous! I was cutting earlier till the old man come and took over, and I could hardly catch up to the hay to even cut it! MR, we'll gladly send it your way! :)

You'd think you guys were in southern Alberta! There was a young buckaroo at the ranch rodeo yesterday with a great huge brim on his palm straw hat, but I noticed today he had switched to his felt. I figured with that big brim and his skinny little body, if the wind picked up (and it did today) he would have taken flight! The wind kept the bugs off, and the heat down, so it was a lovely day!

Latest posts