• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

General Hayden defends surveillance

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Disagreeable

Reaction score
The man is an embarrasment to the uniform. Yes, he works for the president and needs to back his boss, but he has a duty to the country, too. He claimed that if this eavesdropping had been in place on 9/11 we might have stopped the attack.

But CNN has tapes, obtained legally, without warantless wiretapping, that indicate an attack is coming. The tapes were made on 9/10, but were not transcribed until after 9/11. Even if those tapes, legally obtained, had flat out said, we're going to fly two planes into the WTC, no one would have know about it until they were transcribed after the attack!

Steve has been kind enough to tell us about the FBI capturing a terrorist and not bothering to get a warrant and search his computer. That would not have changed if we had illegal wiretaps before 9/11.

Excerpt and link to CNN story: http://archives.cnn.com/2002/US/06/20/911.warning/

"The September 10 intercepts, details of which were provided to CNN on Wednesday, came from conversations in Arabic between individuals in Afghanistan and Saudi Arabia that U.S. officials believe were connected to al Qaeda. The intercepts, however, were not analyzed until September 12, the day after terrorist attacks on New York and Washington killed more than 3,000 people.?

No, I'm not speaking for ignorance. When General Hayden stands before us in uniform, he's speaking for the military, not just himself. He has the responsbility to be honest. He's not a "public servant", he's a military man. General Pace didn't back down from correcting his boss, Donald Rumsfeld, when Rumsfeld said it wasn't the American soldier's responsibility to stop abuse by the Iraqi military when they saw it. Tell me, Reader, do you think if this eavesdropping program was in place on 9/10 that we would have stopped the attack on the WTO?

when it comes to evesdropping, are the ones bitching the most, the ones who have something to hide???

I have no reason to be affraid of them hauling my butt off, so let them tap away.......

Latest posts