• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

George W. Bush raises taxes

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Mike said:
kolanuraven said:
Before too long it's not gonna matter if you are " for" or " against" higher taxes.

Taxes will have to be raised to pay out the HUGe debt that is now weighing down the nation. My guess is that it will happen like Bush said about troop withdrawl...." that'll be for another President to decide"...because that person, the next Prez, will be left with the bag of poop on the front door and George will be in his retirement villa in Mexico!

Kola, Your statement is not necessarily true. The "RATE" or "PERCENTAGE" of taxes do not have to be raised to pay down the debt. When the economy grows, as it is now, the gain in revenues will automatically rise.

Sometimes there is a lag, as it happened during Clinton, the processes put in place by Ronald Reagan was responsible for the increase in Federal Revenues.

I saw it on CNN this morning that we are living (here in the U.S.) in the most prosperous times since the history of the world.

If Bush can find a way to curtail Congressional spending, we could be in the black easily within a few years.

The next president will get credit for it, which ever party he is from.[/quote

Mike, the economy has been doing great now for several years under a Republican President and a Republican controlled Congress but our deficit has increased.
"Sometimes there is a lag" A 12 or 14 year lag? (in reference to Reagan's policies). Wasn't the elder George Bush elected after Reagan?? I must say, I have my doubts about such a "lag".

Latest posts