• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

George.......

Help Support Ranchers.net:

gcreekrch

Reaction score
Could you post another photo of your tennis ball cattle guards?

I searched here tonight to show them to another fellow and they are gone.

Thanks in advance.

hope this helps - - - The tennis balls act as insulators and spacers, the belting works as an insulator as well. The only thing these do not hold up to is a wife with a lawn mower! I put 3 wires on the belt and it seems to work for cows, horses, hogs and dogs. After they are used to it you can go to 1 wire and for short periods of time you can just lay a belt on the ground and the will respect it!

I just screwed a 2X6 at each end to hold insulators - - - the wire does not have to be very tight as the space between balls is short.

I tie the end of the belt to the fence post so that I can disconnect and pull the belt out of the way when I grade the driveway. These might work without the tennis balls but I feel the visibility of the balls gets the attention of livestock.

Those tennis balls would get the attention of our dog I bet he'd get bit when he bit.

That sure happened here - - - and I think the cattle and hogs thought they were apples at first - - - I was surprised the dogs don't jump over it but I think grabbing the balls put the fear in them! The dogs wait till I open a gate for them or in an area I want them to go thru I make a safe passage for them and they quickly learn to us it!

One thing I just thought of - - - do not get the cheap tennis balls at WalMart as about the second time a car tire mashes them they will fall apart - - - good tennis balls at the sporting goods store are not expensive and will last several years.

Latest posts