• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Get Ready For $5 Gallon Gas!!!!!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

runningonempty.png

JANUARY 2, 2011 – TIME reported that the Obama administration issued the first in a series of regulations on January 2 designed to unilaterally impose a national energy tax. Gas is $3.05 a gallon.

MAY 5, 2011 – The White House issues a formal statement opposing House-passed Restarting American Offshore Leasing Now Act (H.R. 1230) and Putting the Gulf of Mexico Back to Work Act (H.R. 1229), legislation designed to jumpstart American energy production, address rising gas prices, and help create new jobs. Gas is $3.96 a gallon.

JUNE 21, 2011 - The White House opposes the House-passed Jobs & Energy Permitting Act that would unlock an estimated 27 billion barrels of oil and 132 trillion cubic feet of natural gas. Gas is $3.65 a gallon.

NOVEMBER 8, 2011 – The Obama Administration releases a plan for a five-year moratorium on offshore energy production, placing "some of the most promising energy resources in the world off-limits," according to the House Natural Resources Committee. Gas is $3.42 a gallon.

JANUARY 18, 2012 – President Obama rejects the bipartisan Keystone XL pipeline and the more than 20,000 jobs that would come with it. Gas is $3.39 a gallon, and rising faster and earlier than ever before.

http://www.speaker.gov/blog/?postid=281631

Cowpuncher said:
I own some Exxon Stock.

I own some Conoco-Phillips Stock.

I own some Valero Stock.

I own some Chevron Stock.

I own some BP Stock.

I own some Halliburton Stock.

I own some Schlumberger Stock.

I bought these while Obama was president because he doesn't have a clue about energy or economics.

By the way, I have made more money off my oil stocks than I will ever pay in fuel costs.

I spent over 25 years in the international oil business and I always amazed how liberals look at the oil business - or any business.

But, mostly I don't agrue with them anymore!!

valero is a good stock, i highly recommend apache as well, some others you have look good too.

I also worked in the oil field for over a decade for the same outfit building everything from that little pumping unit, to work over rigs on wheels, to crown blocks, swivel blocks, hook blocks, to huge sub-structures for the North Sea i.e. DNV stuff, 4950 rotary tables, to triplex FB1600, 1,000 mud pumps, to duplex DB700 mud pumps, to c-4 drawworks, to c-3 drawworks, machined them and inspected them all. I must say my favorite to machine was either the FB 1600, 1000 triplex pumps crank shaft on big old GL CNC VTL or the valve guides on 10hs centering machine, or maybe threading some of the pot covers or thread rings, big old pinion shafts, ring gear, turning, threading, deep holing, on lathe. man i loved that work. i still dream about it sometimes. sent out mub pumps in 1980, when things were rolling, we sent them out, paint still wet on top of trucks, we called it road drying, they were in such demand. then the bottom fell out in 1981, they shut our vendors down all over the country, sometimes stopping machining right in the middle of a thread. a few of us had to go up and inspect all this stuff, make sure we could pick up where they left off, and save the part, or not, and then bring it all home. sorry, this just brought back some good old memories.

my point I was tying to get too is, not that it really matters here on this board, but what strikes me funny when folks are crying about the gas today, crying about no drilling and such, and the fact they are wanting to 'drill baby drill', is the fact that's exactly what they have been doing. the rig count today is highest it has been in some time for North America. now I know this does not mean three beans to you rebublicans screaming about 'drill baby drill'. facts never mean much to you. but the facts speak for themselves. I also remember back then, when the gas prices skyrocketed over Libya and oil, gas lines, remember that, well I am here to tell you we had more oil back then than we could have ever used. the tankers were lined up outside the Galveston ship channel in the Gulf of Mexico. the same thing is getting ready to happen again with Iran this time. I think I am going to gas up my cans next week with some fresh gas for the summer i.e. yard, hurricanes, generator, drought and grid shut down etc. ...just saying.

North American Rotary Rig Counts

The U.S. rotary rig count was up 5 at 1,994 for the week of February 17, 2012. It is 281 rigs (16.4%) higher than last year.

The number of rotary rigs drilling for oil was up 9 at 1,272. There are 474 more rigs targeting oil than last year.

Rigs drilling for oil represent 63.8% percent of all drilling activity which is the highest percentage since 1998.

http://www.wtrg.com/rotaryrigs.html#Weekly

see 1999 rig count at 928 ;

http://files.shareholder.com/downloads/BHI/1711650069x0x263786/0CE8F709-6541-4973-8E94-B800A2D93ACD/1999.pdf

:tiphat: :wave:

flounder said:
my point I was tying to get too is, not that it really matters here on this board, but what strikes me funny when folks are crying about the gas today, crying about no drilling and such, and the fact they are wanting to 'drill baby drill', is the fact that's exactly what they have been doing.
:

If you are not willing to build new rigs to increase drilling capacity, which would allow the US to at least maintain a production level to meet domestic consumption, then you are not "Drill, baby, drilling"

The problem is that you Liberals believe all the hype and rhetoric about "alternative/renewable" energy, when it it not realistic at this time.

Renewable fuels have not even replaced the increase in consumption over the years, so traditional energy is needed to pick up the slack.

You better get working on that algae project.......

In 1982 China oil consumption was 1.7 million barrels per day; in 2010 it had increased to nearly 10.0 million barrels per day. India, also in 1982, consumed .7 million barrels per day, today India is using 3.0 million barrels per day. The United States increased its consumption by 3.6 million barrels per day during this same period. (http://www.eia.gov/forecasts/ieo/index.cfm)

In the meantime America has decreased its domestic production by nearly 3.0 million barrels per day.

The country's dependence of foreign sources has increased to 54% of the daily requirement as compared to 45% just 15 years ago. Over half of that amount comes from countries that are inherently unstable or ruled by despotic regimes whose interest it is to de-stabilize the United States. (http://www.eia.doe.gov/emeu/steo/pub/contents.html)

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2012/02/obamas_oily_deception.html#ixzz1nQo8JHR1

Tam said:
I love it when liberals SAY they are willing to pay more in taxes but when it is suggested they just write a check and send it to the IRS they studder and stammer around and come up with an excuse by saying they would IF EVERYONE ELSE HAD TO. Or better yet they SAY they are willing to pay more in taxes then pay an army of accountants to find every loophole in the tax code to get out of paying their FAIR SHARE.

Liberals are always willing to do more but just try get them to do it. What they are really saying is THEY WANT YOU TO DO MORE :roll:

And I love it when conservatives brag about how much they care about their country but when it gets down to the bottom line and having to give up a small amount they start crawfishing and giving excuses,etc.
That bunch of millionaires wanting to pay more taxes that were on C-Span knew that just the 500 or so of them wouldn't make much of a difference, it would take all millionaires paying more to be of any significance and even then it would be a small amount. But at least it would be a start,a statement.

TSR said:
Tam said:
I love it when liberals SAY they are willing to pay more in taxes but when it is suggested they just write a check and send it to the IRS they studder and stammer around and come up with an excuse by saying they would IF EVERYONE ELSE HAD TO. Or better yet they SAY they are willing to pay more in taxes then pay an army of accountants to find every loophole in the tax code to get out of paying their FAIR SHARE.

Liberals are always willing to do more but just try get them to do it. What they are really saying is THEY WANT YOU TO DO MORE :roll:

And I love it when conservatives brag about how much they care about their country but when it gets down to the bottom line and having to give up a small amount they start crawfishing and giving excuses,etc.
That bunch of millionaires wanting to pay more taxes that were on C-Span knew that just the 500 or so of them wouldn't make much of a difference, it would take all millionaires paying more to be of any significance and even then it would be a small amount. But at least it would be a start,a statement.

The really sad thing is that the way our politics are set up- and how the politicians of the controlling party get rich from it by dipping into the taxpayer/lobbyiest cookie jar-- the noncontrolling party (R's now) love bad news and are wishing so hard for the country to fail so they can get their hands back into the cookie jar... :(

"Only in politics do people greet bad news so enthusiastically," Obama said before a crowd of students, according to his prepared remarks.

A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman thinks of the next generation.
~James Freeman Clarke

Too bad there are few statesmen anymore...

TSR said:
Tam said:

You could tax all of them 100% and their money would never fix the problem but will the Democrats admit that? NO. To them there doesn't seem to be an end to the amount of money they think they can tax out of an economy to pay for their vote buying tactics. It is time you realize it is time to fit the SPENDING PROBLEM in DC which included all the entitlement programs that have been draining the supposed locked boxes for decades. Fix the SPENDING PROBLEM and the rest will fix itself but that is not going to happen when you have a party willing to sell their souls to keep people dependent on the Big Government handouts and voting for them. :x

but what strikes me funny when folks are crying about the gas today, crying about no drilling and such, and the fact they are wanting to 'drill baby drill', is the fact that's exactly what they have been doing. the rig count today is highest it has been in some time for North America.

sometimes people get caught up in an apples to oranges comparison...

rig counts may be up, but is it getting the same crude capacity?

or is it getting less crude capacity and more Nat gas capacity..
Natural gas prices have dropped, not because big oil is focused on natural gas, but because new technology and regulations allowed many small corporations into the market..

now those same small companies are moving into oil... and willing to bet big on the smaller plays, that the large companies once ignored..

in 1981 we had 4500 active rigs.. oil prices dropped...

alot has changed to increase world demand,.. I doubt 1200 rigs now would compare to 4500 rigs in '81

so yes.. I will say... drill baby drill.. .. by factual numbers we are still down. 3300 rigs..

Latest posts