• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

GOING HOME!!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

ranchwife

Reaction score
good sunday morning to my ranchers.net family.....in about 2 hours, i will be heading home to the beautiful madison valley and the 4 kids waiting for me there and a cowboy anxious for a good night's sleep....meaning that i will be taking over night-calving duties for the next few nights!! when i get home, i will find some good jokes, poetry and maybe a few more recipes to share with you all!! thank you all for making this weekend at work go by with a little more enjoyment....you always manage to liven things up!!
see ya tonight!!
sincerely
kris :wink: :wink:

Youth is to be appreciated while you have it. You are so enthusiastic, Kris, and you have a pretty full plate. Makes me feel good to read your posts.

My dad is not doing well again, so I will make another trip there. They took him back to the hospital on Thursday. He has an infection between his lungs and his chest wall, so they are draining that off. He has developed pneumonia now as well. Our daughter is there and they have to turn him over every 15 minutes because of all the things he is hooked up to. It just wears him out. I got a call this morning that he didn't have a very good night. Felt like he couldn't get his breath, so they are going to do a chest x-ray today.

What with getting up at 5 every day, not feeling top-notch myself right now (just a little bug, I am sure), calving, my job, etc. I am exhausted. I don't know if I can drive myself the 270 miles there. I don't want to take off until I am rested. I am really having a delimma. I would like to wait until Wednesday as I need to go in to on work Monday and Tuesday; but if something happened to him, I don't know as I could forgive myself. Any other time my husband could drive me, but right at the start of calving makes that difficult, if not impossible. We are getting 10 calves a day--not a lot to many of you, but too many to leave. I don't know who we could get to feed them and watch them. That is a big responsiblity when everyone that knows how to care of them either has a job or their own calving to do~

ranchwife said:
good sunday morning to my ranchers.net family.....in about 2 hours, i will be heading home to the beautiful madison valley and the 4 kids waiting for me there and a cowboy anxious for a good night's sleep....meaning that i will be taking over night-calving duties for the next few nights!! when i get home, i will find some good jokes, poetry and maybe a few more recipes to share with you all!! thank you all for making this weekend at work go by with a little more enjoyment....you always manage to liven things up!!
see ya tonight!!
sincerely
kris :wink: :wink:

I'm sure they'll all be glad to have you back home. Home IS where the heart is.

Faster Horses, you do have a sad dilemma. I wanted to yell I'll come pick you up and take you, like we would friends locally. That is the weird thing about the internet, so near but so far.
Maybe a little rest and food has revived you and you've made the trip safely by now. Hope all goes well for you and your dad.

nr, you are always so kind.

I do feel better, but I have stayed home. I have a pretty big project at work this week. I work part-time but Monday and Tuesday are mandantory. I am the only one selling advertising for our newspaper. This week I am overloaded with THREE projects. That's too many under any circumstances, let alone with dad constantly on my mind. I was hoping to go Wednesday, now the weather man said we have the possiblity of a SNOW EVENT on Wednesday. So will wait and see.

Dad was doing some better last evening. But he is so weak. Our daughter was there with him this weekend, and his lady friend left a message this morning that they were going to move him to another room, out of intensive care. It sounds like his right lung isn't working so well.

The kind of guy he is, our daughter said when she left yesterday, dad was watching PBR on tv...

Latest posts