• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Good folk

Help Support Ranchers.net:

PureCountry said:
People have asked me before about a Canadian accent....there ain't one!!

Never heard a maritimer talk? You can hear a bluenoser or a newfie a mile away. Fantastic accents, I could listen to them all day.

We went to Canada on vacation when I was a kid, bout all I remember is, ever where we stopped to eat, the waitresses would stand there, and ask us to "Say somethin Texan" And that wasn't just in Canada, they did it in North and South Dakota, and Montana too.
Yeap we have accents, but somethin ya'll might not bleave is, there's differences between north and south east and west accents in Texas. Grew up in west Texas and moved to east Texas, was like havin to learn a whole nuther language. (almost)

I was born, bred, and raised in Montana...moved away (regrettably) about 8 years ago. Everyone around here wants to know where I'm from cuz I don't talk like em around here.

But then again, they got an accent around here too, predominately german and norwegian.... :roll:

Someday, I'm gonna live under the Big Sky once again!! Then I won't have an accent!! :wink:

I forgot about the newfs and brunnies! Don't know why, I've worked with a pile of 'em. They're a blast to party with and work with. Alberta and Sask are full of 'em now. They call Ft. McMurray the biggest city in Newfoundland, b/c so many newfies have moved out here for work.

As for different Texas accents, the strongest I ever heard was a friend we had from Lubbock - Jay Bird. He used to come up here and buy angus cross heifers from us year after year. When he got to ramblin' you better listen close. He'd holler, "Lord, how are ya', son? It's shore good ta see ya'!" Drink like a fish, pile of fun. I don't think my Dad's liver would come home until Jay went back to Texas. :lol:

Of course Canadians have an accent-I was in Ontario visiting my brother in the hosp[ital and a nurse stopped me in the hallway and told me I was from Sask. As for friendly bars-I haven't been in to many that weren't-my favorites in Wyoming are the 'turdpond' in Buffalo and the 'Invasion' in Kaycee-but I've had great times in lots of others-Saloon #10 in Deadwood comes to mind lol.

Latest posts